F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It was upside down on the port wing of Gunfighter 164. The guy who took that photo has a series of walk arounds he sent to me back after 164 hit the airshow circuit. It was why VF-Decals issued a corrected version of the sheet we did.

I didn't realize any regular fleet squadrons had adversary tasking. Was that exclusive, or "additional duty"?

VF-74 was assigned adversary duties after CVW-17 went to only 1 F-14 squadron and shortly before they disestablished. It was more or less an exclusive short term deal.

I think at that time they only had about 4 jets in inventory with the others farmed out/transferred to other squadrons.

• 2 months later...

It's time to bump this up to the front. I was cleaning up my computer area and came across some unmarked CD's. I started going through them and realized they were from my trip in '06 to Oceana and to the Teddy Roosevelt. So, over the next few days as time permits, I'll be adding to this thread as well as other threads. This first batch is from VF-11's line as they were getting ready to head out.

8436704_orig.jpg

1878841_orig.jpg

1234929_orig.jpg

7234650_orig.jpg

I got to sit in Ripper 107.

2228344_orig.jpg

1308600_orig.jpg

9654753_orig.jpg

832037_orig.jpg

5465550_orig.jpg

I never did ask how he got his call sign. He gave me one of his old flight helmets. I teach and was going to wear it for "crazy hat day", but I didn't want to walk around school all day with "BUTT" on the back of the helmet. :lol:/>/>

Edited by Darren Roberts