F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

I've been searching around for pic's of VF-213's lion head Tomcat, like the one Masa Narita did, but haven't been able to find any yet... do any of u guys happend to have any?

(BuNo 164603)

Is it just me or does this Tomcat appear nose high/tail low ?

This tomcat does seem to be a lil nose high. Maybe it's just the way the photo's taken.

Also, look at the little bombets(?) on the ejector racks under the belly!

I always liked that Black Lion's CAG jet. I think it would make part of a great decal sheet! <_< Hmm, that's not a bad idea!

-brian

You could get it from the 1/72 Revell Tomcat that was boxed with a "historical book"...and in 1/32 from Yellowhammer...I have both...

...and yet, I would still buy it if Fightertown covered it, because the FTD sheets I've bought so far (pretty much one of each...) are INCREDIBLE...and would probably make the others I just mentioned look like my dog drew them with crayons.

Seriously Brian, everytime somebody mentions a cool F-14, you have some kind of " <_< " comment...just how many frickin sheets do you guys planning on releasing?!?!?!?

Edited by thetoe17

Actually I was referring to the CAG shot in Darren's post. As for my infamous :cheers: posts - we've got quite a few sheets planned... Lots of the really cool ones are on that list. If I told you we were shooting for 50 sheets by the next Nats...well, we'll have to see how well Tomcat stuff sells as we continue. Got lots of other things in the works as well. But rest assured if we think it's on the 'cool' list, then, well --- :P

-brian

Here are two more pics of Tomcats , the first is the Tomcat which crashed on the 25th of Oct 1994 :

VF-213160390NH-10313Oct1994.jpg

photo taken on 13 Oct 1994. ( 160390 NH-103 )

the second one , is from the period that VF-101 took over the RAG duties from VF-124 when the "Gunfighters" were disestablished ( F-14D 164343 VF-101 NJ-171 )

F-14D164343VF-101NJ-17112Oct1994.jpg

photo taken on 12 Oct 1994 ( both photo's by Henk van der Lugt )

Henk

Very interesting.

Henks last photo is of an F-14D whcih has VF-124 markings, however the ventral fin says...."VF-101".

Ok...I just read Henks photo description.

Now I'm going back to bed.

Damn cold...

Edited by VF-103guy
Does anyone have pictures of an F-14 Data Plaque? MATS has a blank one on the BuNo page, but I want to see a completed one. Thanks!

This what you are looking for? A friend got to document the demil process of Felix 101 and has all sorts of detail photos.

http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/galler...66130#102011695