F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

maybe this is the right place to ask (i´ve posted this before):

i am in desperate need of the crew name on the starboard side nosegeardoor of 161860 (F-14B of VF-32, april 2005 OIF cruise)

can anyone help? :thumbsup:

Edited by karl h

This one is for Eddie ( btw Cool Pics !! ) , and all others:

VF-1NE-205160654USSDangerRanger.jpg

There are some confusing markings on this Tomcat , but it's actually a F-14A from VF-111 despite the VF-1 and USS Danger Ranger titles ( NE-205 160654 )

Cheers , Henk

Edited by sundowner
some very interesting eddie pics as ive never seen a mix like that on a carrier with old high viz and new tactical paint scheme!

also seeing a high viz bird with the refuelling probe door off seems fairly rare too.

They started taking them off during the Desert Storm deployment on the Ranger because of the FOD hazard. I personaally saw one ingested on the cat just before the shooter signalled to go to zone 5. It was at night and there was lots of chunks flying everywhere aft of the JBD.

Thank you all for the kind words about my photos. I was a picture taking fool back then and guess it's good that took as many as I did. He's some more. The Good, Bad, and the Ugly.

Eddie

Picture884.jpg

Picture496.jpg

Picture487.jpg

Picture481.jpg