F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

Thanks for the Photos, Dave ....

I really like that particular Diamondbacks scheme ...

Thanks, too, Fasteagle12 for your lovely shots in the museum ... Always a difficult place to shoot ...

:thumbsup:

Gregg

Thanks Gregg. I wish some of my shots of the SR-71B turned out, but with the black jet and the darkness of the museum, you can hardly make out the outline.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just in case some of you all don't make it over to the General Discussion section, I posted this over there this morning.

From a friend of mine who created the F-106, and F-101 websites comes a new one he created for another friend of his.

http://www.712tomcats.com

It's a work in progress, but I figured there would be some folks here who would be interested in it.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Insert "BIG EVIL GRIN" here...

And someday later, I'd like to get back to some earlier CAG9 jets too...

VF-211103launch95.jpg

This has to be one of my favorite VF-211 paint schemes:

VF-211cag24retire-1.jpg

WHY NOT MAKE DECALS Tomcats VF 103 ... IN SCALA 1 / 32 ..... Ideally ... GREETINGS .. BRIAN P

• 2 weeks later...

I have made a walk around section for Tomcats on my site

http://widowmaker.is-a-geek.com/index.php?cat=11

So far I have:

157984 - Pensacola - NF-14 (Painted as an F-14a Black Aces)

161159 - Pensacola - F-14D Last Flight

161134 - Titusville - F-14A Black Aces

David - If you want a copy of the images, let me know... Also you werent in Pensacola in June by any chance were you, they had a F-14 open in the "Boneyard" area and there was a guy shooting cockpit shots for a book.

Edited by UK_tomcat_fan

I have made a walk around section for Tomcats on my site

http://widowmaker.is-a-geek.com/index.php?cat=11

So far I have:

157984 - Pensacola - NF-14 (Painted as an F-14a Black Aces)

161159 - Pensacola - F-14D Last Flight

161134 - Titusville - F-14A Black Aces

David - If you want a copy of the images, let me know... Also you werent in Pensacola in June by any chance were you, they had a F-14 open in the "Boneyard" area and there was a guy shooting cockpit shots for a book.

Guilty as charged. So, you were one of those persons growing impatient with my photography. I thought I had apologized to everyone!

Guilty as charged. So, you were one of those persons growing impatient with my photography. I thought I had apologized to everyone!

Nope I was on the trolley bus in at 11am, whilst you were outside... I wish I hopped off the bus now, infact I may have an image of you in / around by that cat (the Grimreaper outside)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jeff, great shots. I still want them for the book. As Jeff was covering the south end of the ramp, I was covering the north end. I was sad to see the Tomcat go. At least she went out at the top of her game as the most potent aerial platform in the fleet. Even today, there is nothing in fleet service capable of flying as far, as fast while hauling the same payload.

164603.jpg

Note the derelict Tomcats in the Oceana Boneyard awaiting SARDIP

164603-2.jpg

As soon as this image was exposed, I was on the phone to Long Island telling my photographer there she was inbound.

164603.jpg

Note the derelict Tomcats in the Oceana Boneyard awaiting SARDIP

164603-2.jpg

As soon as this image was exposed, I was on the phone to Long Island telling my photographer there she was inbound.

WOW !!! Thsoe are just AWESOME.... :jaw-dropping:

Thanks, guys. Yeah, doesn't seem like they've been gone long at all, does it?

Dave...sorry if you've asked for images and I've forgotten. Drop me a line and let me know what you're interested in. Here's the link to the complete gallery if you missed it on FB:

Final Tomcat Flight

(...of course everyone else is welcome to stop by, too.)

Edited by J.Stone