F-18E/F and EA-18G

I do live in Europe too :thumbsup: Really nice shot you have there, I don't think there are any Rhinos looking that clean now :D Your one must be pretty new, it does not even have a modex painted up! If you see my first shots, that is the way those VFA-122 birds look like these days :D

Greetings, neu :D

www.deploymentproductions.com

With thanks to one of our younger ARC’ers (AW), I’ve made some of my Photobucket albums public before I head back to the sandbox .

I took these pics with the modeler in mind to a great extent. I just kind of forgot to take more overall shots.

Anyway, for those peeps out there who use the search function, here are a wealth of keywords of what’s in the photos: radome, HUD, main landing gear bay, nose landing gear bay, doors, flaps, stabs, tails, drop tank, pylons, arresting hook, vents, screens, LEX, boarding ladder, under or lower surfaces, exhaust nozzles (exterior & interior), just coming off cruise(deployment), weathering, tail antennas, rudders, navigation (position) lights, anti-collision beacons, intakes (left & right), trailing edge, leading edge, flare buckets, formation (slime) lights, launch rail, canopy, belly, APU exhaust. I hope that covers everything.

Here are the links:

VFA-41

VFA-106

VFA-122

Be sure to click on the "Full Size" icon, as I made the pics very close to the original size as I knew how to.

Ish

Some more misc F-18F stuff..

IMG_0780.jpg

vfa-103016.jpg

vfa103014.jpg

Brain,

I was wondering how come Victory 204 has the bigger Skull and Cross Bones in your pics that you posted here, but on Brains decal sheet directions state that the bigger Skull and Cross Bones goes on Victory 206. Could someone shed some light on this since on my build I used the smaller Skull and Cross Bones.

Thanks

Stanton

Stanton,

I think I can answer your question, 206 was the only jet that kept the bigger style skull and cross bones while the rest of the jets had the newer style smaller ones painted on. I don't think 204 ever had the bigger style skull and cross bones applied.

Mike

Brain,

I was wondering how come Victory 204 has the bigger Skull and Cross Bones in your pics that you posted here, but on Brains decal sheet directions state that the bigger Skull and Cross Bones goes on Victory 206. Could someone shed some light on this since on my build I used the smaller Skull and Cross Bones.

Thanks

Stanton

Stanton-

Vic 206 was the only a/c in the squadron to have the larger bones on the tails. All of the other a/c in the squadron had the newer style bones.

Here's a tail shot of 204 for ya just before the cruise.

IMG_0211.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
In the interest of accuracy, shouldn't it be "stirke-fighting two?"

:)

>>> Fighting Two <<<

VFA-103 still goes by "Fighting 103" even though they've also joined the ranks of the STRKFITRON Community as well ... There might be others also ... Yup, "Fighting 14" also ...

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
;)

>>> Fighting Two <<<

VFA-103 still goes by "Fighting 103" even though they've also joined the ranks of the STRKFITRON Community as well ... There might be others also ... Yup, "Fighting 14" also ...

Gregg

trust me i know. i just find it fun, being neither a hornet or tomcat guy, to roll that grenade into the mix. :wub: strangely, it angers both communities... that's entertainment!

Edited by Karl Sander
trust me i know. i just find it fun, being neither a hornet or tomcat guy, to roll that grenade into the mix. :D strangely, it angers both communities... that's entertainment!

Then ya just sit back and watch the fun eh Karl ? :coolio:

Gregg

Well, if you count the short time VFA-14's didn't have the Tophat on the tails( I believe they weren't applied till after the photos ) then VFA-2 has the record ...I just remembered, VFA-14 did up the anniversary scheme too ... 85th Anniversary I believe ... Oh, some of the squadron also detached to the USS Ronald Reagan for it's Around the Horn Cruise and they carried USS Ronald Reagan on them, I'm pretty sure the VFA-14 CAG was a part of that ...

Pre Tophat CAG ...

Home_P2.jpg

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost