F-18E/F and EA-18G

Yeah, they'd be kinda hard to miss too ... Either there is none to see or the "L.O." of the Rhino is much better than previously thought ... :blink:

Gregg

THAT............. is a nice pic!

Thanks for sharing Fuji!

Ming

Thanks, I was in Gypsy 206, the aircraft in the other image I posted, when this image was shot.

I have read that NSAWC has received two Super Bugs , do you have photo's of them already ??

NSAWC is scheduled to receive one Super Bug this fall, along with a MH-60 Knighthawk.

Yeah, I agree with Ming, Super Shots Fuji !

I love how the cable is still nearly straight on the "Trap Shot" ....

Does being that close to the arresting cables make you nervous at all ?

Gregg

Yeah, I agree with Ming, Super Shots Fuji !

I love how the cable is still nearly straight on the "Trap Shot" ....

Does being that close to the arresting cables make you nervous at all ?

Gregg

I must be an idiot cause it really didn't. I just wanted to bring out some the not commonly seen aspects of Naval Aviation, the case in point here being the wire. As I have always said, its all about the image.

Thanks for the kind words

I looked again on Friday, boys. Still no Super Hornets here. Not even listed on the board at the duty desk.

Now, we've been trying to get them for a while - it could be that the article was a bit premature.

And Spongebob - I'll take an in-flight engagement of the 4 over a taxi-1-wire any day.

And Spongebob - I'll take an in-flight engagement of the 4 over a taxi-1-wire any day.

WORD....

In close wave-off to a inflight 4 wire in the Hoover with my buddy Franz on the Indy..... only time I ever saw the LSO's apploogize.

Atis in the other sandbox

Thanks Fuji

I guess it is a small world after all. I commend Boeing for placing their Rhinos on display and not hiding them in a hanger. These are the first two Super Hornets I have ever photographed on the ground.

Harry

Are these getting a repaint? the TPS looks fresh but the VFA-211 markings are faded or being taken off per the 121 modex?

Terry

Paddles to pilot: "soooo, how high was the ball?"

Better to be lucky than good (it's a 4 wire on the fly)

Spongebob

The number 3 wire was not in service. In that case, does the number 4 become the primary "target" wire?

Are these getting a repaint? the TPS looks fresh but the VFA-211 markings are faded or being taken off per the 121 modex?

Cecil Field is now a rework facility for Boeing and Northrup Grumman. They do a lot of work there on Hornets and Prowlers.

• 3 weeks later...
B - Any more pix of 204 from that day?

Not too many.. This one's about it.

vfa-103020.jpg

If you were inquiring about the SHARPS pod, I was hoping I could get around to it, but before I could get to 204, the pod was unloaded and hauled away. The ordies waisted no time about downloading anything that wasn't a drop tank.

Not too many.. This one's about it.

vfa-103020.jpg

If you were inquiring about the SHARPS pod, I was hoping I could get around to it, but before I could get to 204, the pod was unloaded and hauled away. The ordies waisted no time about downloading anything that wasn't a drop tank.

Darn...was hoping for some reference pics to size up the one i'm making. :thumbsup:

Darn...was hoping for some reference pics to size up the one i'm making. :doh:

I was hoping for another image showing the port side of the aircraft. Dang Dang Dang. Thanks anyway B.

The number 3 wire was not in service. In that case, does the number 4 become the primary "target" wire?

Depends on Paddles....I've seen them leave it set for the 3-wire and I've seen them move it to on-top of the 2. Setting it for the 4 would really bump up the bolter rate since if you had a high-ball (and you should be pushing a cresting ball) you'd be SOL.

Spongebob

I was hoping for another image showing the port side of the aircraft. Dang Dang Dang. Thanks anyway B.

This is about the best I can do. Were you looking for mission markers?

This one was taken by a friend of mine prior to the cruise.

IMG_0191.jpg

Here's some detail shots from prior to the cruise.

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Here's a pair from VFA-105. Lead is topping off while #2 goes to right observation (aka reform starboard).

FA-18EVFA-105OIFA-to-A21032008B.jpg

Jeff

Hello All:

Would the Afterburner Decals for VFA-105 be appropiate for the time frame in which this picture was taken? The profiles indicate 2006-2007, and this picture is dated 2008. I was thinking about doing AC-400 jet during OIF deployment as seen in this picture:

http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/pho...N-2984R-186.jpg

Franc