F-18E/F and EA-18G

FINALLY!!! Looking all over the web for the VFA-195 Superhornet! I talked with a friend of mine in CVW-5 in Atsugi Japan. He said VAQ-136 will transition to the Growler sometime in 2012.

I'm looking for photos but I haven't found more videos or photos.

Ya but VAQ-136 will move to home base at Whidbey and at Atsugi will be changed with VAQ-141 later this year.

I'm looking for photos but I haven't found more videos or photos.

Ya but VAQ-136 will move to home base at Whidbey and at Atsugi will be changed with VAQ-141 later this year.

Where did you get the info on that? Only curious... I hope they eventually return like the Eagles did. The "Gauntlets" have called Atsugi "home" for a long time!!!

It is the truth. VAQ-141 will be going to Japan and VAQ-136 will be coming home. The only thing that has shifted has been the specific dates. Other world events have thrown the schedule up in the air yet again.

I got that info straight from a brief about the conversion process recently at Whidbey.

It is the truth. VAQ-141 will be going to Japan and VAQ-136 will be coming home. The only thing that has shifted has been the specific dates. Other world events have thrown the schedule up in the air yet again.

I got that info straight from a brief about the conversion process recently at Whidbey.

Ahh Whidbey Island. The wife and I miss that place!!! Anyhow, Sounds about right. Maybe someday the Gauntlets will return to Japan. Look at VFA-115. When they transitioned from the Intruder to the Hornet, they served in Lemoore for quite a few years in the C and E models before switching back to Japan replacing the Dragons. :)

That's a sharp looking Rhino ...

THe only nitpick I have is the "Chippy Ho!" on the tail being yellow, if they outlined it or gave it a shadow like the "NAVY" below it to give a bit of contrast ...

Thanks for the link ... :angry:

Gregg

Thanks for the link! Chippy bird looks sharp!

My question is, when an F-14 squadron transitioned to the Superhornet, what dictates whether they go to the E model like the Pukin Dogs or the F model like the Black Lions or Jolly Rogers?

My question is, when an F-14 squadron transitioned to the Superhornet, what dictates whether they go to the E model like the Pukin Dogs or the F model like the Black Lions or Jolly Rogers?

I think it more or less came down to what Air Wing they were attached to at the time of transition and whether or not there were enough Echo squadrons in it ... A luck of the draw situation ...

Gregg

Well when ya let the the wrong folks in on it, it's bound to go south....just IMHO, but the Legacy "Chippy Ho" bird for -195 was much sharper, and had that look of "yeah I'm very easy to see, ya wanna try sumthin' go ahead make my day" this new one........s'ok, but nothing to write home about. For those who like it, good for ya...remember that old adage about opinions and who's got'em :cheers::whistle: .

Edited by Angels49
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm ... I thought their colors were in the blue range ...

It's okay but I prefer the more Heraldic style Lion from the past ...

I also prefer the 'classic' Valions stripes on the tails ...

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost