F-18E/F and EA-18G

Also they mention helicopter squadrons swap between CVW-2 and CVW-5: HSM-77 (MH-60R) and HSC-12 (MH-60S) going to Japan in February 2013(?), HS-14 floating back to CONUS, HSL-51 converting to HSM with no homebase change.

Maybe should be interresting for you:

I was surprised, that some HSL-51 new Romeos were delivered to Japan few weeks ago like Sierras from Golden Falcons. Photo for evidence.

Others sorry for information off topic.

According to VFA-25's web site they will be joining CVW-9 aboard the Stennis. Not CVW-2 as earlier thought. This makes sense in so much as they would replace VFA-192 who is scheduled to transition to the Echo next. If correct I would guess that VFA-2 would retain both VFA-151 and VFA-34 as they just recently returned from deployment. No urgent need to replace a squadron.

Also VAQ-137 the Rooks recently returned to NAS Whidbey with their E/A-6B's for the last time. They will begin transition to the Growler prior to their next deployment.

Edited by Moffettflyer

According to VFA-25's web site they will be joining CVW-9 aboard the Stennis. Not CVW-2 as earlier thought. This makes sense in so much as they would replace VFA-192 who is scheduled to transition to the Echo next. If correct I would guess that VFA-2 would retain both VFA-151 and VFA-34 as they just recently returned from deployment. No urgent need to replace a squadron.

Also VAQ-137 the Rooks recently returned to NAS Whidbey with their E/A-6B's for the last time. They will begin transition to the Growler prior to their next deployment.

That does make more sense for VFA-25 to be going to CVW-9, based on the June '13 timeframe that was given, and the upcoming transition of VFA-192.

As for CVW-2, keep in mind that VFA-86 is now carrying the NE tailcode, so there is still one extra VFA in the wing that should be moving somewhere...

Jeff

That does make more sense for VFA-25 to be going to CVW-9, based on the June '13 timeframe that was given, and the upcoming transition of VFA-192.

As for CVW-2, keep in mind that VFA-86 is now carrying the NE tailcode, so there is still one extra VFA in the wing that should be moving somewhere...

Jeff

Your right! I forgot about VFA-86. Well it would make sense that VFA-34 be the odd man out. Maybe they get assigned to an ATLFLT CVW and stopping having to fly cross county to deploy.

As for VFA-151 they are going to transition to the F/A-18E. Boeing has a video up on their site of the squadron flying into St Louis to tour the production line. It states in the video that they are going into the Echo.

Turn & Burn! East Coast Super Hornet Demo Team at the 2008 Cleveland National Airshow

SuperHornet_17forarc.jpg

One of the coolest photo pass I have ever shot. East Coast Super Hornet Demo Team at the 2012 APBA Gold Cup Detroit

SuperHornet_33forarc.jpg

Steven L :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

How often do super bugs carry Slamers? thnaks. :cheers:/>/>

Not often if ever. The early version of the SLAM-ER was widely used in Desert Storm, but the mission requirements for that theater were different. Weapons load outs are based on mission requirements (and vary from air wing to air wing), and with current operations being what they are, load outs are pretty much restricted to GBU-12's, GBU-38's, and I've even seen some jets loaded with GBU-31's.

Still, I say load one up if building a model of a baby or super hornet. Would certainly make for an interesting display!

F/A-18F from VFA 2.

fa18fvf2a.jpg

fa18fvf2.jpg

Ya wanna kno whuts wrong wit dis pic.....They kept VF(A)-2, but d'comd, disestablished VF-1, man dat's jus WRONG!!!. Imagine the class and great looks that superb looking wolf would have added to a Super Bug, hold on the "Bounty Hunters" command much respect on their own, and look cool too...just sayin' .

According to some sources, Strike Eagles are wired to employ SLAM-ER's, imagine that. However it's good to know if the USN needs help, or the USAF has need for a HARPOON either scenario can be handled by Strikes, calm down kids I'm talking "E" variant not the "K".

Ooops....forgot to mention..... great pix by any and all standards

Edited by #1 Greywolf

I *think* the rumor on the street is that VF(A)-1 will stand up again as a F-35C squadron when the time comes. Or at least that's what navy aviation enthusiasts are hoping. Given the Enterprise name has been revived again, gives hope that the navy might do this for vf 1 as well...

Edited by graves_09

Not often if ever. The early version of the SLAM-ER was widely used in Desert Storm, but the mission requirements for that theater were different. Weapons load outs are based on mission requirements (and vary from air wing to air wing), and with current operations being what they are, load outs are pretty much restricted to GBU-12's, GBU-38's, and I've even seen some jets loaded with GBU-31's.

Still, I say load one up if building a model of a baby or super hornet. Would certainly make for an interesting display!

Brian I might do that planing on a vfa-41 bird from 2007 the CAG jet loadout I will probabley go with is an AIM-9X then a GBU-12,a GBU-10,a GBU-16, then the targeting pod,then a fuel tank,an AIM-120,then another fuel tanks, a SLAMER or two mk 83`s, and a HARM. :cheers:

I *think* the rumor on the street is that VF(A)-1 will stand up again as a F-35C squadron when the time comes. Or at least that's what navy aviation enthusiasts are hoping. Given the Enterprise name has been revived again, gives hope that the navy might do this for vf 1 as well...

I was under the impression that F-35C's would be replacing aircraft one for one (if not less) in active Legacy and Rhino squadrons. Not reactivating former squadrons. I hardly think that is within the budget. BUT if they did, I can think of a lot of older and longer serving squadrons that I would like to see reactivated before VF-1 Wolfpack. VF-21, VF-24, VF-31, VF-51, VF-74, VF-114, VF-142.....the list goes on! There are a few legacy squadrons that have been disestablished over the years too. Of course if your really into history then you'll go back to VF-153 Blue Tail Flies etc. But sadly I would expect, with budgets and more capable aircraft and UAV's - The size of the airwings will shrink even more, possibly taking some legacy squadrons with them.