F-18E/F and EA-18G

Digging the new Vandy 111 at VX-9. Just got a walkaround today of it so I have a feeling it'll be on a sheet very soon. Question is, what to pair it with?...

Black Vandy 1 F-4

White Vandy F-4

Another F-14D Vandy 1

Fleet black tail hornets?...

input appreciated!

-brian

I guess your not doing this sheet in 1-32, dont you? :crying2:

Digging the new Vandy 111 at VX-9. Just got a walkaround today of it so I have a feeling it'll be on a sheet very soon. Question is, what to pair it with?...

Black Vandy 1 F-4

White Vandy F-4

Another F-14D Vandy 1

Fleet black tail hornets?...

input appreciated!

-brian

The Tomcat and F-4s have been done to death. I suggest fleet black tails that have been yet to be seen in decal form. VFA-87 and VFA-15 come to mind. (even though 15 is red and dark blue.)

Here's the scoop, and I'm not trying to be an arse, but when an individual or photographer sends me photos as a courtesy, they're not mine to share. If I take the pics myself or if that individual or photographer says it's ok for me to post, I will.

It may take some time for me to get approval to post them, but until then, I'll respect their copyright and keep the pics to myself.

Absolutely right!

The Tomcat and F-4s have been done to death. I suggest fleet black tails that have been yet to be seen in decal form. VFA-87 and VFA-15 come to mind. (even though 15 is red and dark blue.)

+1 a black tails sheet would be awesome.

On their Facebook page, NG300 appears to be in the process of being painted. It looks like a good start. Black tails and spine that stops at the front of e canopy. Maybe a subject for Fightertown? I liked the previous sheet combining SH and Growler on one sheet. Gauntlets? Or Rooks and Wizards when they conclude their transition.

I've got the 2011 CONA VFA-87 jet and their brand new black tail paint scheme looking for a partner for a sheet ;)/>...

Neil Nacchio helped design their latest. Maybe he'll post a picture or 2 of it...

-brian

Maybe VFA-103`s new CAG to?

World class shot, I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Lothar

Thank you, too! Easily the rainiest homecoming I've attended in the past 11 years. This is what it looked like just a few minutes before, though...gotta love those tropical-style downpours we experienced last week!

9202520981_4ddd16ff42_c.jpg

VAQ-136 to transfer to CVW-9: http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=72792

Jeff

I had missed this earlier post by the Navy...,the first I found out was when I was reviewing any changes posted on Go Navy!

Which were updated June 26 for various links,such as VAQs,VFA transfers,as I had previously posted this week...,but at later date than yours posted here.

VAQ assignments: http://www.gonavy.jp/NavalSqn03.html

AIRPAC VFA assignments: ie:VFA-94 back as fourth VFA again replacing VFA-25 which has transferred back to CVW-2 'NE'

http://www.gonavy.jp/AIRPACf.html

Also seems odd that Navy would need a full CVW complement,as in CVW-9 JCS and the carrier is in drydock for 14 months...??

Terry

I've got the 2011 CONA VFA-87 jet and their brand new black tail paint scheme looking for a partner for a sheet wink.gif...

Neil Nacchio helped design their latest. Maybe he'll post a picture or 2 of it...

-brian

I suggest VFA-15.

Also seems odd that Navy would need a full CVW complement,as in CVW-9 JCS and the carrier is in drydock for 14 months...??

Terry

With CVW-14 essentially being a "dead" airwing with no units assigned, all of the airwings are currently full. I would expect most of the CVW-9 squadrons to reduce flying hours for a while and then gradually ramp back up through training exercises and rejoin the JCS after her DPIA.

Jeff

Thanks Alternative! After the rain...

9313876721_6e2de35952_c.jpg

Jeffrey,

Another winner for me, I just love your photography. Any chance you could let me have this one as a high res copy to make it my wallpaper? I've tried it with the above shot but it looks blurry on my large screen. Thanks.

Lothar