F-18E/F and EA-18G

4800293275_d9e09c7a36_b_d.jpg

This CAG scheme of all the ones for the "Tomcatters" is the best I've seen, and that includes the ones for my beloved "Tomcats". This one just says "We're VF-31, can ya dig it" Thanx J. for being the eyes of those of us who can't get to these shows.

Edited by Angels49
This CAG scheme of all the ones for the "Tomcatters" is the best I've seen, and that includes the ones for my beloved "Tomcats". This one just says "We're VF-31, can ya dig it" Thanx J. for being the eyes of those of us who can't get to these shows.

You're welcome. Wasn't really a show, though. I was just standing around off Oceana Blvd yesterday with a few friends hoping something cool would fly by and it did. I do have a close-up of the tail from a couple weeks ago for a better view.

4753871848_4526080953_z_d.jpg

Thanks Dave and Jeff ! :whistle:

Gotta love that Tomcatters Anni Jet, they sure did it up right ... :coolio:

VFA-143 should take some notes on this one as well as the VFA-14 90th Anni Jet ...

Gregg

CFT's and EPE's (Enhanced Performance Engines :woot.gif: , Hello!!! Now the Super Hornet will really be Super!!!. No more will folks be able to talk about it being a bit short legged, and with better engines...Way to go Boeing :thumbsup: . I hope the engines are more than just great users of fuel, but also have more thrust. I know I'm stretching to wish that they are on the order of what the Raptor has.

Edited by Angels49

well i guess the weapon pod will house several amraams, a pair of 9Xs, and some SDB or jdams. and making all those stores low-vis stealth.

a cheaper alternative to a f-35/22/pakfa/j-12..

and now for some resin or prelimary conversions.. hehehe. italeri kit to convert?

edit - and did i mention i like the anniversary vfa-31 scheme. Decals, somebody!

Edited by Tomcat RIO

Not holding out for too much on the engine front, but it would be cool is they had TVC :worship: CFTs would be great, but why in the hall didn't Boeing think of mounting the IRST under the nose in the first place? Sticking it on a droptank sounds pretty lame IMHO. . .

Ok, I'll hush now

Ves :thumbsup:

I've been expecting uprated engines for awhile now for the Rhino, as for the IRST in the droptank, I thought it was mostly a 'quick fix' dealio but I've heard some people say it would give it a more open field of view in that location ... So, who knows ...

Gregg

Here is a thought, CFTs for the Rhino... maybe a conformal weapons bay? That would certainly help the stealth level in a first day scenario.

Check out the illustration again, there is a LO weapons pod on the centerline station ... :cheers:

Gregg

Check out the illustration again, there is a LO weapons pod on the centerline station ... :cheers:

Gregg

owwwwwwhhhhhh, I didn't see that pic. I want a commission.

The CFTs kinda fill out the hornet... awww, the hornet is hitting puberty.