F-18E/F and EA-18G

Any one have good detail photos of the blue spine VFA-213?

Also does any one have good detail photos of the 50th ann. VFA-102?

Thanks!

Hey just to clarify, 166663 had the light blue spine out of the factory, but because it looked so heinous it was sent back to Boeing within a few days to be reshot in the current (much MUCH nicer) scheme... We were still on cruise with our Tomcats and many in the command freaked when they saw 200 in its original look. :)

If you look hard at 200's rudders, you can see the original stars they painted over. Also you can make out the original light blue paint on the rudder hinges if the rudders are deflected all the way.

In the first pic you can see the other side of 212's nose and there it has the same 'Mutha' markings also. for other aircraft I don't have a clue as the only SHs I get to see are mostly brand new or rather new.

Now allmost 4 years ago I saw my first one as the VFA-2 High viz '100' and in '06 it was a factory fresh VFA-122 hornet without individual number wich flew at RIAT and Farnborough. So probably next year I'll have another one to add to my serial list :doh: I hope 2 as it might be time to send an E together with the usual F!

Nice ... Nick, what's the "M" award just ahead of the Safety S on Victory 212 and do all the Jolly Rogers' jets carry the "Mutha" award in the same respective place ? TIA ...

Gregg

The "M" is the Golden Wrench Maintenance award given by Strike Fighter Wing... MUTHA was only on 212. Here is a closer shot:

100_2097.jpg

I wonder if Brian will do an update for VFA-103 after cruise markings, without the dark tails. For some reason without the dark tails they still look BAD A#$ :salute:

Stanton

GO NAVY!!!!!

Edited by HS-4Grandson

Jim. very nice shots of Nickel 114 ... Those Checkmates Rhinos have to be the most weathered in the fleet ... I like the bird on top of the tail too ... Thanks for adding them to the thread !

Gregg

• 2 weeks later...

Took these pictures tonight at NAS Fallon... This is the last sunset these four Supers will spend as a group here, as they are needed elsewhere now. The pictures do not do the scene justice, however, with the sun (below the horizon behind me at this point) still causing the new snow covering the mountains in the distance to glow. I apologize for the poor quality of the pics, as I am still a really bad low-light photographer having just graduated from being utterly terrible from not too long ago! Still not bad for a Wal-Mart Kodak camera, though... :thumbsup:

100_2240a.jpg

100_2246a.jpg

100_2248.jpg

Nick, those are GREAT shots! I wish I could do as well! Seriously!

I took these shots in December, 2004 over the Sea of Japan and at Yokota AB when we landed. Here's what happens when the control stick operator yaws a bit when he disconnects from a drouge...

027_24.jpg

026_23.jpg

023_20.jpg

Edited by Mark O. Williams

Quick question:

How many Super Hornets have been built, and how many total have been ordered? It seems now that all the F-14 squadrons have been replaced, and few Legacy Hornet squadrons will upgrade (and most of them have done so already AFAIK).

In short---how many more are going to come off the assembly line?

Quick question:

How many Super Hornets have been built, and how many total have been ordered? It seems now that all the F-14 squadrons have been replaced, and few Legacy Hornet squadrons will upgrade (and most of them have done so already AFAIK).

Well, if you're referring to my kit stash, maybe a total of 3? :worship:

Well I found this pic off a website that was found in General Discussion and this neat pic of the VFA-22 SH CAG

IMG_1018-Edit.jpg

Stanton

Note the slightly different formation light housing on the wingtip of 100... all the newer birds (29 and up) have 'em. Nonskid on the starboard side too!

Edited by Nick Kessel
Shots of a very "weathered" F-A-18 taken at the recent Dubai Air Show. Have more photos and in high resolution if someone is interested in adding this to a future decal sheet.

Regards

Jim Barr

f1801qp4.jpg

f1802qc9.jpg

f1803bi5.jpg

f1804sp7.jpg

f1805lm4.jpg

f1806fn4.jpg

f1807cd7.jpg

f1808ra0.jpg

I've got some more high-rez pics of this jet too, if anyone wants them :wacko:

:worship:

Tom

Quick question:

I think we have 460 on order plus 80 Shockers.

• 2 weeks later...