F-18E/F and EA-18G

Welcome Aboard ARC, Joel ! :post1:

Glad to have you here ...

There's a few other members from your area so I'm sure they'll be happy to have another PNW'er around ...

-Gregg

Hello! My name is Joel and I am new to these boards. I just wanted to introduce myself and extend a huge thank you to all of you for all of these amazing photos! I cant believe that I am just now finding out about this board. You guys are awesome! I live pretty close to the Naval Air Station Whidbey Island so I will try to contribute photos and any experiences I have when I tour the hangar.

Welcome to ARC Joel! I lived on "The Rock" for a couple of years while stationed with VA-95. My wife and I sure miss that place a lot!!! Looking forward to your pics! :cheers:

Idk if this has been posted but:

USNTPS Super hornet

USNTPS Super Hornet

I may be totally wrong here but those red stripes look photoshopded to me. They just don't seem to be part of the surface they appear on. Are there other pictures of this particular aircraft? It's unique, and I like it but not sure if it is real.

Edit: After a quick search, found this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/av8pix/2365547393/lightbox/

But could not find any with a grey F-18F

Edited by Janissary

I may be totally wrong here but those red stripes look photoshopded to me. They just don't seem to be part of the surface they appear on. Are there other pictures of this particular aircraft? It's unique, and I like it but not sure if it is real.

Edit: After a quick search, found this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/av8pix/2365547393/lightbox/

But could not find any with a grey F-18F

Nope, it's real. I shot it at the VRC-40 50th anniversary and COC event at Chambers Field, Norfolk on July 16th, 2010. It looks a little wavy because it was shot all the way across the ramp from Rawhide's spaces on a hot day. That's heat distortion you're seeing there. Anyway, you can see the jet in the background of this pic, too.

5168711498_08693e1858_z.jpg

Edited by J.Stone
  • 1 month later...

Yup, air refueling store, the same old one that S-3's carried. You can config the droptanks anyway pretty much. Most of the time the tanker is 5 wet, but they do go with tanks on the inboard stations. If you are making a 106 bird we never go 5 wet, and the pods are generally only on Echos.