F-18E/F and EA-18G

I haven't seen any yet ...

Their website has a shot of an EA-18G but the markings have beedn P-Shopped out ...

>>> Cougars Website <<<

And according to Go Navy!www.gonavy.jp They have been reassigned to CVW-17 now with it's revised CVW letter code 'NA',since last updated post Dec 12,2012,VAQ-139 formally with CVW-9 'NG'...,replaced by -133,EA-6Bs.

http://www.gonavy.jp/AIRPACf.html

Also,as I have(uncredited)updated with the following link the "VFA-94"-2010(+) status on Wikipedia,that "Mighty Shrikes" had temporarily taken the 4th unit slot in CVW-17,while VFA-25 were upgrading to "Echos" Super Hornet from legacy F/A-18C(N)from approximately early-mid Aug to Dec 2012.

I among a few others who had post photos on aviation websites,of 2 VFA-94 aircraft at last years Rocky Mtn Air Show in Broomfield,CO of 405,412/NA in low-viz schemes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VFA-94

And strangely haven't seen any photos of -25 new mounts either??!

Terry

Hurrah!!!!! Cougars changed on Growler.

http://www.omhphotos.com/p17132492/h4DFAABAA#h4dfaabaa

Wow,it took someone clear across the world to finally find the 1st photo of VAQ-139 new markings...,and it happened to be near where I live...!! :woo:

Thanks!!

Now a 'CAG' photo and VFA-25 "Fist of the Fleet" new F/A-18Es schemes,did they change them from the last deployment of their "Charlie's"?? :pray:

Terry

Wow,it took someone clear across the world to finally find the 1st photo of VAQ-139 new markings...,and it happened to be near where I live...!! :woo:/>

That's because my sense of self preservation dictates I not get anywhere near a Growler with a camera... :rolleyes:

It's actually -134 in CVW-8. 133 is with CVW-9.

For now; -133 is scheduled to transition to the Growler right after the current deployment and then transfer to CVW-8. Not sure where -134 will be going at that point.

Jeff

Red Flag 13-2 VFA-25

NA-400

NA-405

NA-410

Is VFA-94 is in CVW-17? Because there are two squadrons of NA-4XX.

Nice piccies, Thanks !

VFA-94 is no longer assigned to CVW-17 ...

In order of modex series:

VFA-22

VFA-81

VFA-113

VFA-25

HTH ...

Cool Sunliner shot too, Steven !

-Gregg

Nice piccies, Thanks !

VFA-94 is no longer assigned to CVW-17 ...

As I mentioned in a earlier post,VFA-94 was temporaily assigned to CVW-17 as -25 were upgrading to their new "Echos" from legacy "Charlies"...

Not sure who has control of units,not assigned to a CVW...,maybe they share duties or the previously assigned one?

I have an old Super Scale sheet of A-7E of VA-113 300/NM in overall 36440(Lt Gull Gray)in Jan 1983,with the former CVW-19/10 'NM'codes,after their last deployment with CVW-2 on CV-61 Ranger,before they converted to F/A-18As.

HTH ...

Terry

Those Superscale decals were correct. NM was breiefly stood up but shut down before they had a real cruise. VA-113 was lucky they lived on as the first F-18A squadron. VF-191 and 194 did not survive the cut back.

Same deal a couple years later when your government cut CVW-15 (NL) Goodbye to VF-51 and VF-111 among others.

Not sure who has control of units,not assigned to a CVW...

AFAIK, Strike Fighter Wing Atlantic or Strike Fighter Wing Pacific, depending on their base. Just like in case of training and 'aggressor' squadrons, except reserve squadrons, who report to a different command. In other words, they're in 'the pool', to be used by any command who needs them (CVW, UDP, other).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

VFA-151 is currently transitioning the the F/A-18E. VFA-192 will transition shortly after their return from deployment. I have not heard anything about VFA-34, VFA-94 and VFA-146 transitioning. But with the sequestration looming it could very well affect how and when squadrons transition.

VAQ-136 Gauntlets received "Safe for Flight" Certification on the EA-18G Growler on February 1, 2013.

Their new markings:

Thanks for sharing this photo! Very interesting to see the NL tailcode, though. I wonder if that's temporary, or if they are becoming an expeditionary squadron?

Jeff

Sad to see them without the "NF" tailcode. Sure hope they switch with the Shadowhawks and return to CVW-5 someday. I'm just being biased! :P/>/>/>

I agree that it's very strange to see them without the "NF" tailcode and also to see them stateside. CVW-5 had the same squadrons for years and now it's made up of outsiders. VFA-151 and VFA-192 need to rejoin the air wing to make it resemble how it used to be. At least VFA-115 went back and VAW-115 has never left.

Edited by Midway Sailor

...At least VFA-115 went back and VAW-115 has never left.

I read somewhere (maybe ARC Forums) that VAW-115 will be changed with VAW-125 Tigertails after they complete transition to E-2D. I don't understand why Liberty Bells couldn't complete transition to Deltas and stay with CVW-5 like VFA-195 with their transition from Charlie to Echo.

I'm not familiar with the term Expeditionary Squadron. What is it? Thanks.

Essentially, forward deployed. land based VAQ squadrons ...

VAQ-132 just spent some months stationed at MIsawa, Japan, for instance ...

-Gregg