F-4 Phantom Parking Only...

"Wow, I really like the paint job on Blackhawk. Does anyone make decals in 1/72 or 1/48 for this aircraft?

Tom "

Hello Tom

Yes it is also available in 1/72.

This is a Revell Kit in 1/72, I completed last year

Best

Omer ERKMEN

From TURKEY

Great model of Blackhawk. Thanks for the info, I'll look for the kit.

Sincerely,

Tom

Hello,

sorry for my dumb question but are they air force planes, I think all phantoms were discarded.

Continue with this phantastic pictures.

Manuel

The USAF has a squadron at Tyndall AFB and another smaller detachment at Holloman AFB where they use the QF-4s for weapons testing and other various utility missions.

See here for more info.

Jake

Edited by jmel
  • 2 weeks later...

Dang it,I'm gonna call the Tyndall guys and ask,nay,demand my Phantom ride,I left enough blood,sweat,and tears on,in,around F-4's when I crewed them (as well as F-16's).I'm beginning to think I am the only crew chief in the USAF system that never recieved an incentive ride during thier 20+ year career(except for ol' Jay Weaver,he hated flying...lol) <_< Oh well,that'll never happen,I'd never pass the physical now due to my heart surgery,ok,I'd settle for launching one out again! :P

scan0035.jpg

A few pics of our F-4's

Image_10.jpg

F-4E-dart.jpg

167625_185693998126649_100000581509590_614811_1403380_n.jpg

Edited by ThePhantomTwo
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's some shots I took a couple of hours after this Texas ANG F-4C landed. 63-7449 had been on a low level flight, 480 knots at 500 feet when they saw a large bird. The pilot had a split second to duck his head before the bird came through the windscreen. Other than dirt and debris in his eyes the pilot was unharmed. Can't say so much for the bird though...

63-7449birdstrikeOctober1981ScottWilson.jpg

63-7449birdstrikeKellyAFBOct1981ScottRWilson.jpg

63-7449birdstrike63-7449Oct1981ScottRWilson.jpg

63-7449birdstrikeOct1981ScottWilson.jpg

63-7449birdstrike63-7449Oct1981ScottWilson.jpg

Edited by Scott R Wilson

Scott, thanx for sharing those pics of the ultimate do all fighter of all time. I like almost all the schemes every applied to a Phantom, with the exception of the SEA wrap-around scheme, that one I think they should have left at the "wonder if this would work" stage.

Those two you got with the cloud camo but without tail codes - were they destined for the 924th TFS at Bergstrom? 841's camo doesn't quite look like the cloud scheme they used, but 631 definitely looks like one of theirs.

Super-Always a Big Thanks to sharing your Archive Scott! The big thing I kick myself on-not getting my "Picture Pass" from Sec. Forces and my butt out to the line back when at George (87-91). Afterburner Decals would do a George sheet if I had crew names to match tail #'s. Wouldn't have been easy to do in Phase, as they had platic over the canopies when they came in for inspection.

Thanks again Scott! Erik.