F-4 Phantom Parking Only...

I always wondered what happened to Capt Twohig after that. I hope he didn't get into too much trouble.

As the cliche goes, "Google is your friend". It looks like his middle initial was "F", and he retired from USAF as a Lt. Col., and this might be what he looks like right now. (Click on photo 4)

http://www.theitem.com/news/local_news/article_1734bd7e-140b-50f5-80e0-4909118c075d.html?mode=image&photo=

Edited by KursadA

...and just so I'm not asking but not giving, here's my only recent Phantom shots that aren't already in this thread - the Phantom on a Stick at Camp Mabry, TX - formerly of the 147th TFW, Texas ANG:

dcp_4332.jpg

Eh...sorry 'bout the tree.

dcp_4331.jpg

Same Phanom, with my kids hiding the pole...

Phantom01.jpg

And finally, with a bit of Photoshop tossed in. :thumbsup:

...and just so I'm not asking but not giving, here's my only recent Phantom shots that aren't already in this thread - the Phantom on a Stick at Camp Mabry, TX - formerly of the 147th TFW, Texas ANG:

dcp_4332.jpg

Isn't this the Phantom right beside Mopac (Loop 1)? It just reminds me how bad my morning commute was before I moved closer to where I work, I used to pass by it every morning for three years.

Edited by KursadA

Ah, man, Scott - lovely shots of the 924th's Phantoms in green/brown camo, and I loved the snuck-in shot of a 67th TRW Photo Phantom. Got any of the 924th Phantoms in the gray camo?

No, I don't. I never saw them in that camouflage, and never receieved any photos of them in trade either.

Scott W.

This thread is better than some books on the Phantom. Thanks all!

Funny you should say that. My photos are in a fair number of books, but only three with my permission and any form of compensation (free copies of the books). A few of those books out there have my photos but they aren't even credited to me. Kind of ticks me off, but what's to be done. I used to trade slides with a lot of guys. I'd take 18 to 36, sometimes more, of the exact same photo (35mm slides) with a power winder on my camera. I'd trade off all but one of them which of course I kept for myself. Got some neat and rare photos in return, but of course I no longer control all the slides in other people's hands.

Other guys spent their money on drinking, fast cars and other toys, and girlfriends. I spent mine on film (and later, flying lessons and film). I don't think I'd do it differently if I had it to do over, except for not marrying my first wife, and maybe taking even MORE photos. Seeing all the decal companies out there now, I wish I'd taken more close-ups of markings. But that's the way it goes...

I'm glad you are enjoying the photos, I know I enjoyed taking the ones I've posted and there's not much point in having them without sharing them.

Scott W.

No, I don't. I never saw them in that camouflage, and never receieved any photos of them in trade either.

Scott W.

Pity. It was all kinds of striking and unique. Still...you've got some excellent pics both in subject matter and composition.

KursadA - yes, that's the one! Along with two Huey's (a slick and a gunship), a Cobra, a Sabre Dog, and now an F-16.

Hi Scott , again Phantastic photo's , do you have USN Phantoms as well ??? Regards , Henk

I have a bunch of Navy and Marine Phantoms in my collection from other photographers, but I don't want to post them since i don't have their permission. I've got a few I shot myself, here's some:

151455ElToroMay82ScottWilson.jpg

151456YumaMarch1283ScottWilson.jpg

151489YumaMarch1283ScottWilson.jpg

152278VF-202F-4NAug82ScottWilson.jpg

152318VF-154MiramarAug82ScottWilson.jpg

152327NellisAug82ScottWilson.jpg

152975VMFA-531September1982NellisAFBScottRWilson.jpg

Scott, great pics !

Some of the locals look familiar to me such as the VMFA-314 shot, The Sharpshooters, as well as the Vandy Jets ...

Gotta love the Grey Ghosts shots as well ... :banana:

Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful collection ... :salute:

-Gregg