F-4 Phantom Parking Only...

Hello Jinxii,

Nice shots, especially the Phancon from Holloman ramp, were you there?, I have to learn how to turn them from paper to digital now. had 36 rolls as well as video

Let try to post a couple from Maple Flag 2006, the Last year that the F-4 from JG71 & JG74 in Canada.

F4FPhantom147.jpg

F4F-Phantom-MF2006-120.jpg

I will try to post some F-4G as soon as I have time and learn how to turn prints to screen

uncle rick

Hello Jinxii,

Nice shots, especially the Phancon from Holloman ramp, were you there?, I have to learn how to turn them from paper to digital now. had 36 rolls as well as video

Yes, I was there for Phancon that year. I need to arrange a visit to Holloman to photograph the QF-4s again sometime.

I have quite a few F-4 slides that I need to scan, but that take a lot of work (and time). It is one of the "to do" tasks I have planned.

Question:

I got some decals from someone about a year ago, and one of them is actually shown on the instructions as an F-4G Wild Weasle aircraft. But also included with the decals, but NOT on the instruction sheet, were some decals for an F-4 with the tail code of WA. Were these F-4G WW aircraft as well? Or has there ever been the WA tail code on phantoms?

Thanks,

Josh

Question:

I got some decals from someone about a year ago, and one of them is actually shown on the instructions as an F-4G Wild Weasle aircraft. But also included with the decals, but NOT on the instruction sheet, were some decals for an F-4 with the tail code of WA. Were these F-4G WW aircraft as well? Or has there ever been the WA tail code on phantoms?

Thanks,

Josh

Those were Nellis Weapon School Rhinos, "WA" is still in use there.

Roger

Sig, I'm loving those pics of the Bergstrom birds - both the 924th TFW and the 67th TRW - got any more? Brings back happy childhood memories. I remember just having to look up to see one or two at any given time...

This is called "The Dud" and we used it on the Midway for fire and salvage drills. We had one on the Ranger as well. As a side note. The folks shooting "The Flight of the Intruder" had to reshoot some scenes and they did so on the Ranger and used our Dud for background.

DUD207.jpg

This one is at Camp Maybry in Austin

IM001364.jpg

This is just the cockpit section on a trailer for photo shoots that the Wings Over Houston airshow in '05'

IM004030.jpg

Here's my son in front of the display in front of the VFW in Bastrop, Tx.

HPIM1335.jpg

Yea, the one in Manchaca (the VFW D) isn't much better, took some pics of her just recently.

JC

Austin

Yeah, I haven't seen her in about a year, but last time I was there you could at least make out the tailcode still...

Both need a good re-paint though. And hopefully without screwing the markings up.