F-4 Phantom Parking Only...

Long time no post for me in this forum...

Thought these pics might fit in this thread. Taken Lechfeld AB, Germany, June 24 2010.

F-4E Terminator 2020 of the 171 Filo "Korsar" from Erhac

Have you had the chance to take some pics of the instruments / cockpit? I m curious about the differences terminator - ordinary F-4E!

In June 2010 I had the opportunity to visit the last German Phantom Wing - Jagdgeschwader 71 "Richthofen" at Wittmund Air Base - to take some pictures of the last operations of the good old "rhinos" in the German Air Force.

We had perfect weather conditions and it was great fun to take the following pictures.

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Regards,

Daniel

Nice shots Daniel.....Wittmund is always great, as long as we still have Phantoms there :monkeydance:

We will see what the future will bring...... :coolio:

Cheers

Mick

Mighty Phantom @ Night - Wittmund June 22, 2010

38+64 seen here nicely parked on the taxiway in Wittmund for a nightshooting, and was for the shooting equipped with 2 x AIM-9L Sidewinder "dummies" and even a AN/ALQ 119 ECM pod, as these are seldom seen on the F-4 Phantom.

Cheers

Mick

MBAviationImagesWittmundGreyPhan-7.jpg

Joint Base Lewis-McChord Air Expo 2010:

211.jpg

218.jpg

226.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

88.jpg

I got the date wrong on some of them. It was actually 17th-18th, not the 18-19th. By the time I figured it out though, I'd already saved the file, and P-shop would not let me correct it. Dizzy, the pilot, actually graduated from Central Washington University (which is in Ellensburg, where I live) ROTC back in 1991.

Aaron

Edited by strikeeagle801
  • 2 weeks later...

The artist of that profile does great work. As a frequent visitor and occasional poster at Simmer's Paintshop, I've gotten the privilege of seeing GM's work in progress. The whole lot at Simmer's is a really talented bunch.

Link:Simmer's Paintshot - Aircraft Profile Painting

Edited by wh1skea

Some say its the same thing. Either way, they are F-4B's on loan from the Navy.

From the first link you posted.....

2 block 9i U.S. Navy F-4Bs BuNo 149405/406 were loaned to USAF for evaluation at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.

That would be the 2 aircraft in the picture. Not to mention, notice the inner pylons? Those are the straight edge Navy pylons, not the curved Air Force ones.

Edited by wh1skea