F-4 Phantom Parking Only...

• 4 weeks later...

It's an F-4D - the "big nose"

You can tell the difference as the nose radome is much "fatter" than the longer, sleaker gun-nosed E-model. And offcourse you can tell from the serial number - AF66 indicate an F-4D as the F-4C has serials in the AF63/64-series

Edited by Boman

Wow, Absolutely Gorgeous Shots, Jake ! Really Stunning ... :banana:

Thanks so much for sharing those ... :worship:

I'll see if I can add mine. I can't get my avatar to upload. Best I have. Someone scarffed a bag of film on our crossing. I had shots of unreps from the chopper and night ops. All kinds of pictures in port overseas. Some else thought they needed them more than me. It won't work. sorry.

Welcome to ARC ...

You have to put the image you want as an avatar on a photo hosting site such as Photobucket, etc ...

Make sure it's sized correctly too, 80 x 80 pixels on this forum ...

All photos have to be hosted also ...

HTH ...

Gregg

Long time no post for me in this forum...

Thought these pics might fit in this thread. Taken Lechfeld AB, Germany, June 24 2010.

F-4E Terminator 2020 of the 171 Filo "Korsar" from Erhac

Is that a new type of warning system sensor, on the tail & intakes?

Larry

It's been a long time since I've seen a TISEO bird, thanks Jake!!!.
Clif, if you look closely, most of the QF-4Es are ARN-101 jets with TISEO.
BTW, wich unit is it and when was the shot taken?

thanks.

They belong to Det 1 of the 82nd ATRS at Holloman. I shot them back in April of this year.

Jake

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago I was given a box of 35mm slides that appear to be extras from various F-4 maintenance refresher training programs. They're not images of entire aircraft but I think they are interesting period images none the less. Here's the first batch.

Fuel003.jpg

Fuel001.jpg

RAT001.jpg

Canopies001.jpg

Auxairdoor001.jpg

ELEC001.jpg

Seat004.jpg

Seat003.jpg

Many years ago I was given a box of 35mm slides that appear to be extras from various F-4 maintenance refresher training programs. They're not images of entire aircraft but I think they are interesting period images none the less. Here's the first batch.

Great shots! :touche:

Do you have any clear close ups of the red intake covers? Harald needs some, to make the different style used on early Phantoms.

Larry

Here's the rest of the old slides. Nothing spectacular but applicable to the F-4 so I'm posting them. The seat and parachute slides must have been extras from Egress Fam training. I've got a sad feeling that dozens more slides like these are buried in a landfill but at least I saved these. Couldn't resist including the TAC shield just for old times sake.

Boardingladder001.jpg

Panel001.jpg

Missile001.jpg

Antenna001.jpg

Parachute001.jpg

TAC001.jpg