F-4 Phantom Parking Only...

Hi Guys - this is my first post on this site and i hope i dont break any rules

i have about 1200 phantom slides in my collection

most of them I bought years ago when i used to come over to the Phan Con's

most come from Doug Slowiak who is just a great bloke

I hope i am not breaking any sort of copyright laws by posting the pictures that i have in my collection - if i am please could someone let me know and i wont do it.

here is my first offering

it is of F-4N which is ex F-4B 151398. ex VF-161 and is shown here in AMARC somewhere around August 1985. AMARC Code 8F057

f4n151398.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just thought I would let you know when I went to the link for the pics I got locked into Spam & had to restart and clear my computer to shake them...

While serving with the Israeli defence forces in the 1970s I took these shots of the "Kurnass".

Great shots! What's that blue thingy in the left forward Sparrow well on the 4th and 5th pic..?

Cheers,

Andre

Great shots! What's that blue thingy in the left forward Sparrow well on the 4th and 5th pic..?

Cheers,

Andre

A Sparrow guidance fin....

Curt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just back from Wittmund airbase Spottersday 2012. No action. No less (but also no more) than 12 F-4F, including the usual commemorative bird, were statically presented.

382801.jpg

382822.jpg

V.P.

Just realized that I saw this Phantom at Waddington Air Show on July 1st 2012, I thought it looked MAGNIFICENT...{CHECKED MY photos and its the same one, :woo: hoo}

Just realized that I saw this Phantom at Waddington Air Show on July 1st 2012, I thought it looked MAGNIFICENT...{CHECKED MY photos and its the same one, :woo: hoo}

Did you see it depart after the show on Monday? The departure and lowpass was brutal, something I'll never forget!!

Daniël

Hi Guys,

I asked about this particular RF-4C a few years ago. I have been contacted by the pilot who flew it during the Vietnam war. He would like to know what happened to his aircraft and what is the status with it now. The details are:

RF-4C 67-0448 went to Davis-Monthan AMARC in 1991 and this information is current up to 2008.

My contact has heard that it may have now been converted to a drone since 2008. Could someone be able to confirm this please? Also, what military aviation forums or spotter forums I could also ask this question?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

From what I've been able to find, 67-0448 was converted to a QRF-4C and is still active as a drone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone one thought I would chime in on this matter and post a few pic's! I work at the Hill Air Force Base Museum and last weekend July 29th our F-4d Phantom came back from the paint shop so I shot a few photo's to show off her pretty new color. The plane was used in test flight at Hill and was a test bed for allot of the mod's for the phantoms and after that she was used for battle damage repair. She was then retired from battle damage and then donated to the museum along with the other white birds like her. She was fixed and patched up for her new place on display and the museum.

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Edited by Benjaminht99
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

question about the German phantoms...are they painted the same bluish-grey as their Eurofighters?

No. The Norm 90J scheme on F-4F's consists of FS 36320, 35237 and 36375.

HTH,

Andre

Edited by Andre