F-4 Phantom Parking Only...

Nice pics but, what's the story with the gold-bronze Rockeye bombs???!!!!!

Inert practice ammo, would be my guess. I've seen inert LGB's with similar bronze-colored bodies displayed on KLu F-16's.

HTH,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Good day. Excuse my ignorance, but I was wondering if any of you guys have pictures of any phantom with sidewinders mounted on their innerboard pylons complemented by loaded TERs or whatever else is mounted below it. More often than not, I see kits with this kind of configuration. I hope to know if such configuration was typical of phantoms especially in the Vietnam era.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so it wouldn`t be taht difficult to convert a kit. Thanks. :cheers:/>

The main issue would be the thin vs. thick wing, including the associated different main landing wheels and bulged vs flat MLG covers. The cockpits differ as well. For a later B, you'd also need slotted stabs.

It's more work than it sounds, really.

Cheers,

Andre

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The USN one with the yellow - that looks /great/! Anyone happen to have more pics of it? And is there a decal set (in 1/72)?

I've never seen any decals for this one, and even if you do find them, you'd be in for a some serious conversion work. Sage Burner was an early F-4A (actually, there were two, but the first one crashed), and was used to break various records. The "yellow" is actually very faded day glo.

This also looks great! Don't suppose there are decals for this?

I only know of a 1/48 sheet by Superscale. Click me.

I've never seen any decals for this one, and even if you do find them, you'd be in for a some serious conversion work. Sage Burner was an early F-4A (actually, there were two, but the first one crashed), and was used to break various records. The "yellow" is actually very faded day glo.

Ahh, in that case, I just have to find one of these: http://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=130548!

I only know of a 1/48 sheet by Superscale. Click me.

Mmmf. Well, here's hoping someone will make a set in 1/72 soon!

• 3 months later...

Seeing all these Phantoms has taken me down "Memory Lane" in a big way. Thanks to all who have posted them.

It had been a long time since I had seen two Phantoms in the air at the same time I knew I had to make the trip to Little Rock AFB last year to see it happen for perhaps my last time ever. And man, was it worth the 8 hour drive. Here are couple from that show.

LittleRock9-7-2012163_zps6f8f690a.jpg

LittleRock9-7-2012157_zpsbf571339.jpg

• 1 month later...