F/A-18 A/A+/B/C/D Hornet

I am very very saddened to find out that the last "legacy" Hornet Squadron will soon be D'com'd....Oh well I guess like many other aircraft developed in the last 20-30 years that are no longer doing duty, are like us older humans the wear and tear on them takes it toll, :hmmm: ; I wonder how long the Big Ugly Fat uhhh.... Fellow :whistle: will continue on. it's 60+ and AFAIK no plans to retire anytime soon. Makes ya wonder if the great-grand kids of first group of pilots will fly some of Great Grand dad's aircraft.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

I am very very saddened to find out that the last "legacy" Hornet Squadron will soon be D'com'd....Oh well I guess like many other aircraft developed in the last 20-30 years that are no longer doing duty, are like us older humans the wear and tear on them takes it toll, :hmmm:/>/> ; I wonder how long the Big Ugly Fat uhhh.... Fellow :whistle:/>/> will continue on. it's 60+ and AFAIK no plans to retire anytime soon. Makes ya wonder if the great-grand kids of first group of pilots will fly some of Great Grand dad's aircraft.

There are still 5 legacy Hornet fleet squadrons at NAS Oceana, so we'll still have them around for a while!

Jeff

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Been a while since anything has been posted!  Here's a recent photo I took, during Maple Flag 50.  A CF-188 takes on fuel from a Hercules tanker.

cf18_188923_IMG_0626_wm.jpg

Edited by Colin K
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
24 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Yes. I have several AV-8B and a couple of EA-6B sheets to get out first, then 4 or 5 Hornet sheets will follow. 

VMFA-323-NH401.jpg

That's fantastic, even the shipping cost to Germany wouldn't shy me away from getting these decals!!! (32nd would be even more welcome)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...