F/A-18 A/A+/B/C/D Hornet

These are from a FCLP with RAG squadrons. These were brand new Hornets and 3 of them got wrecked in a mishap involving an A-6 that broke a tailhook and drifted into the Hornets spotted on the port cat. Crew of the A-6 ejected and landed on deck with minor injuries.

Before

VMFAT-101.jpg

Picture851.jpg

Picture822.jpg

These are from VMFA-225. I posted some of these in the Real Aviation forum a while ago, but thought I'd throw them in here with a few notes:

CO's Bird

1U8P3457.jpg

Recon variant

1U8P3565.jpg

Edit: There is a larger version of this image available on the AirShowBuzz.com website that might show a little more detail:

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/files/photo/gal..._1156_e7c6b.jpg

Edited by Ken Cartwright

Like a sexy blonde or a redhead, I've always loved the F/A-18 Hornet. :) Growing up it was a dream plane, and over the years we have developed a strong bond. I was torn to hear they will be taken out of duty soon. I'll be shooting F/A-18s as much as I can now! Here's to the Hornet! :thumbsup:

F18I01-1.jpg

BlueAI04.jpg

Don't let the Jolly Rogers fans hear you call 84 the Marauders! :woot.gif:

(just kiddin' , I know it was a typo) I'll dig and see if I have anything from that era

-Mike

:wub: Ooops. Yikes, i don't want that bunch ticked at me. I meant VFA-82 :wasntme: