F/A-18 A/A+/B/C/D Hornet

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff , do you have more shots from that splintered VFC-12 Hornet ?? this jet looks great !!

Cheers, Henk

Sorry for the delay in my response Henk but I only have a tighter shot of that same jet. There are several other shots of the "new" Omar jets on the Fencecheck Oceana thread if you haven't already seen them. Here's that link:

Oceana Thread

Thanks Phil and Ken! Hot day but okay light from the "Tomcat" side of the field. The "legacy Hornet" side was pretty bad.

Greetings everyone. I am new here, so please pardon me if this is the wrong place for this post. I have a photo from 28 MAY 2005 at Williams Gateway (formerly William AFB) airport in Arizona, of two F/A-18 Hornets. One is an F/A-18D, with the code CE-04, from VMFA(AW)-225. The other, to my surprise, is an F/A-18C, also in VMFA(AW)-225 livery, with the code CE-12. I had no idea that the VMFA(AW) squadrons had any single seat Hornets. Anyone have any ideas as to what the BuNo might be? Everywhere I look on-line tells me that CE-12 is an F/A-18D. Also, any hints about how to post a photo from my image folders? I see the icons on this page, but I have NO IDEA how to make the image an http:// image. Thanks.

Will Marshall

University Place, WA

Hi Will, Glad to have you here on ARC ! :post1:

Newbie buys the drinks ...

As to your question, yes, some of the VMFA(AW) units have added single seat Charlies or Alpha+s to their units to help with keeping pilots current when they've forwarded a Delta or two over to a Unit going on Deployment ...

As to the BuNo, I don't know but some of the fine folks on here just might ...

-Gregg

Sorry for the delay in my response Henk but I only have a tighter shot of that same jet. There are several other shots of the "new" Omar jets on the Fencecheck Oceana thread if you haven't already seen them. Here's that link:

Oceana Thread

Thanks Phil and Ken! Hot day but okay light from the "Tomcat" side of the field. The "legacy Hornet" side was pretty bad.

Thanks Jeff , for the link , I think it's an amazing paint scheme.

Henk

Edited by sundowner

Greetings everyone. I am new here, so please pardon me if this is the wrong place for this post. I have a photo from 28 MAY 2005 at Williams Gateway (formerly William AFB) airport in Arizona, of two F/A-18 Hornets. One is an F/A-18D, with the code CE-04, from VMFA(AW)-225. The other, to my surprise, is an F/A-18C, also in VMFA(AW)-225 livery, with the code CE-12. I had no idea that the VMFA(AW) squadrons had any single seat Hornets. Anyone have any ideas as to what the BuNo might be? Everywhere I look on-line tells me that CE-12 is an F/A-18D. Also, any hints about how to post a photo from my image folders? I see the icons on this page, but I have NO IDEA how to make the image an http:// image. Thanks.

Will Marshall

University Place, WA

Does it look something like this:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/vmfa%20aw%20225/rsgunner/FlightSim/VMFA_AW_225.jpg

or this:

McDonnell-Douglas F/A-18C Hornet BuNo 165191, VMFA(AW)-225 "Vikings"

and here's one from VMFA(AW)-121:

VMFA(AW)-121 Green Knights McDonnell Douglas (Boeing) F/A-18C

You're right. Until searching because of your post, I hadn't seen them use C's either. Thanks for posting and welcome....

oh...look in the FAQ section for the instruction on posting photos. Most use photobucket.

Edited by fasteagle12
  • 4 weeks later...

Gonna add a few of my own here....no ground shots from the airshow as they flew out of Charlottetown for some reason this year.....also these are different shots than my other thread so no reposts for ya :thumbsup:

IMG_8952_zpsaa6a19cb.jpg

IMG_8955_zps6a308e57.jpg

IMG_8979_zps17116114.jpg

IMG_9218_zps7e21a7ef.jpg

IMG_9240_zpsa660701c.jpg

IMG_9310_zps0e05e15d.jpg

and this one from the national aviation museum in Ottawa(lower quality as its from an old point and shoot digi-cam not my slr)

HPIM0201_zpsc811b373.jpg

• 3 weeks later...