ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
VFA-103guy

F/A-18 A/A+/B/C/D Hornet

The last Legacy Hornet stationed at NAS Lemoore prepares to depart the base ...

Stinger1-1.jpg

-Gregg

I am very very saddened to find out that the last "legacy" Hornet Squadron will soon be D'com'd....Oh well I guess like many other aircraft developed in the last 20-30 years that are no longer doing duty, are like us older humans the wear and tear on them takes it toll, :hmmm: ; I wonder how long the Big Ugly Fat uhhh.... Fellow :whistle: will continue on. it's 60+ and AFAIK no plans to retire anytime soon. Makes ya wonder if the great-grand kids of first group of pilots will fly some of Great Grand dad's aircraft.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

I am very very saddened to find out that the last "legacy" Hornet Squadron will soon be D'com'd....Oh well I guess like many other aircraft developed in the last 20-30 years that are no longer doing duty, are like us older humans the wear and tear on them takes it toll, :hmmm:/>/> ; I wonder how long the Big Ugly Fat uhhh.... Fellow :whistle:/>/> will continue on. it's 60+ and AFAIK no plans to retire anytime soon. Makes ya wonder if the great-grand kids of first group of pilots will fly some of Great Grand dad's aircraft.

There are still 5 legacy Hornet fleet squadrons at NAS Oceana, so we'll still have them around for a while!

Jeff

VFA-15 Valions are going away next year ...

-Gregg

Going away, or transferring to Supers?

BTW, anyone have photos of the new VFA-87 Supers?

Yeah, they are to be dis-established next year along with the other units attached to CVW-14 with the exemption of the VAQ squadron...

CVW-14 is going too...

-Gregg

Been a while since anything has been posted!  Here's a recent photo I took, during Maple Flag 50.  A CF-188 takes on fuel from a Hercules tanker.

cf18_188923_IMG_0626_wm.jpg

Edited by Colin K

12 hours ago, GreyGhost said:

>>> Clicky <<<

Decals?

-Gregg

Yes. I have several AV-8B and a couple of EA-6B sheets to get out first, then 4 or 5 Hornet sheets will follow. 

VMFA-323-NH401.jpg

24 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Yes. I have several AV-8B and a couple of EA-6B sheets to get out first, then 4 or 5 Hornet sheets will follow. 

VMFA-323-NH401.jpg

That's fantastic, even the shipping cost to Germany wouldn't shy me away from getting these decals!!! (32nd would be even more welcome)

Schweet!

I hadn't seen this scheme before, came across it on Pintrest.

-Gregg

Does anybody have some detail of the two seater aft canopy detail?

I need to detail the trumpeter part but I cannot find any good photos 

Thanks