Copyrights on images

and the last line of the post you yourself quoted is your answer Venom (until you cut it out of the post in order to be able to "stay mad", if you are one of the guys that do that)

read the last 10 or 12 posts, Venom,,,,,,you will see that it "wasn't you",,,,it was a couple of others,,,,,,they "had their say", and "stood up for their rights",,,,,,and sort of chased the photogs away,,,in a post started to protect photogs, no less

that is some irony, there

modelers owe those posters a huge debt of gratitude at pushing hard enough to get those pesky pictures stopped,,,,,building will be easier this way, lol

"it was a couple of others,,,,,,they "had their say", and "stood up for their rights",,,,,,and sort of chased the photogs away,,,in a post started to protect photogs, no less"

And we are all that much poorer for it...

Thank you to those talented and generous photographers who shared their hard work for us in the past. You provided a valuable resource that was much appreciated.

Mike

To Dave Brown, I recently noticed a section in Zone Five dedicated to the A-6 intruder "Gone but Not Forgotten" where you had many pics deleted I'm assuming due to Copyright issues. Sadly this problem is causing many great photographers to pull their images, which I completely understand. Is there any website where I can still find these images? Thanks. :cheers:

To Dave Brown, I recently noticed a section in Zone Five dedicated to the A-6 intruder "Gone but Not Forgotten" where you had many pics deleted I'm assuming due to Copyright issues. Sadly this problem is causing many great photographers to pull their images, which I completely understand. Is there any website where I can still find these images? Thanks. :cheers:

Yes, for copyright and I am in the process of dumping PhotoBucket for security reasons.

• 6 months later...

Oh my! I just posted a bunch of Sukhoi photos (I have thousands) at 1024 pixels. I will remove them and replace with 800 pix wide ones. Sorry, but I don't think I should hunt down where my photos get reposted.

Regards,

Oh my! I just posted a bunch of Sukhoi photos (I have thousands) at 1024 pixels. I will remove them and replace with 800 pix wide ones. Sorry, but I don't think I should hunt down where my photos get reposted.

Regards,

http://www.militaria.net.pl/strony/303.html

Read the description since it perfectly illustrates what a bunch of free loaders can do. FYI, I am not a professional photographer but an enthusiast with thousands of original photos (and a large Bulgarian Military in WWII collection) who traveled the World, learned the languages and was able to get into museums usually reserved for locals. The Sukhois I posted were on public display in Warsaw, so 800 pixel images will be left. I won't post those from the Burma or the rarer collections.

I had considered the DigiMarc for Images service but why should I spend that money?

Regards,

• 2 years later...

I will most likely delete all photos I have posted here and other places,I just found out a SAM Publication used pictures I posted here and the author copyrighted/ credited them to his collection when they are clearly mine.

Jeez, did he not think the pix would be recognized?...I would contact the editor, or owner of the mag and have them publish and apology or pay you for his/their use of of said photos. Blatant use of and false claims of possession should not go without ramifications. Go after them with all at your disposal, your work should not profit someone else in any way, shape, form, or manner!!!.

that sucks Dave. are you going to be taking legal action?

I may have to depending on the response from the publisher and author. I don't have the funds to hire a copyright lawyer but I can go about requesting the other photographers I know that supplied him pictures in not doing so in the future.His copies would have the photo info from Photobucket and not the embedded information of the original.

I e-mailed the publisher and Mr. Evans a few minutes ago and eagerly await their explanations and answers regarding my photographs.

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

I hundeerstand your feelin but since books has been printed and sold I fear there is no way to correct the ownership of the credits now, maybe in a future reprinting...

The author has contacted me and we are working out arrangements regarding this matter,it's far from perfect but the main brunt of what I want is settled.