• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have photos of the F-104C-10 cockpit ? I'm interested in the left panel, weapons delivery controls especially, every photo I can find of that version is chopped right where the dual timers for "over the shoulder" delivery are located. Can't sleep at night because of it :thumbsup:

Yeah, got that one. The Timers are of newer design - the same as on F-104G, although there they were on the right panel. Judging from the Flight Manual, the Dual Timers on USAF planes looked like... egg boiling timers, can't find photos to confirm, nor deny that ;)

On the 479th F-104Cs the LABS timer was mounted just above the throttle. It was a single unit similar to the dual ones shown in the previous post. I have the -1 and will scan it and post if you want.

Norm

Yeah, got that one. The Timers are of newer design - the same as on F-104G, although there they were on the right panel. Judging from the Flight Manual, the Dual Timers on USAF planes looked like... egg boiling timers, can't find photos to confirm, nor deny that ;)

Dyess AFB, May, 2010. I sure wish they had the money to put some real work into this aircraft, other than a generic ADC-like gray.

IMG_4926.jpg

Here's the classic in front of the Test Pilot School at Edwards. Nice! (Edit - I think I took this one in 2004, or 2005.)

005_2A_0004.jpg

Edited by F106A
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a great thread! While I am partial to the NASA and test birds, here's something that I don't think has been posted yet. Sorry for the poor quality, I shot this with an old camera way back when. This was taken at the Miramar Air Show in August 1993 and appears to be a civilian Starfighter.

Have fun modeling!

Mike

F104Miramar1993mjismall.jpg

Round nose F-104...

F-104_Round_Nose.jpg

This picture reminds me about and article I've read somewhere. They said that the people from Lockheed based the U-2 design in the F-104 fuselage.

NF-104...

NF-104_Climb.jpg

I always liked this picture!

Now i got some question

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Photo/F-1.../ET60-00056.jpg

This is photo from Dryden photo gallery. Do you know if this aircraft was used as a test bed? Seems like there's an onboard camera pointing to the left wing.

And what about the black color, its a kind of special paint?

By the way, great theme!!!

Napo