And we might have a Tweet at the Pope AFB Open House this weekend. :thumbsup:

Matt :D

No Tweet today, but its' distant cousin, the BAE Strikemaster, did make an appearance. Will have pics tomorrow.

Matt :doh:

Me too. And I wish someone else would post some Tweet pics here.

Might be kind of a tough request. From what little I know of the highly classified Tweet, I think it's too fast for most photographers to capture on film...

I'm waiting for the "If you don't fly Tweets, you ain't doodie" Tshirt to come out!

All hail the mighty tweet.

And anytime Monogram wants to put their A-37 kit back into print, I'll gladly procure one.

Revell of Germany repopped it a few years back. This issue is quite common over here in Europe.

HTH,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Sheppard AFB open house today. It has been on my calendar all year.

Forget stinkbugs, lawndarts, raptors, bones, talons and all the other ramptrash out

there today. Two jets were hands down the stars of the show! :cheers:

I drove back home at over 100mph just so I could share my catch with you the loyal

tweet luvers of ARC!

T-37B_66-7960_20071020.jpg

T-37B_66-7960_20071020a.jpg

T-37B_67-22245_20071020a.jpg

:D PETF has certified that no F-16s were harmed in the making of this post.

Have a good one!

YGBSM...

Well, it could be worse.......................................

They could have called it the tw@t and we would see a whole new but different set of picts on this thread (followed by lock and slash from Steve).

Unless you are flying one of these:

aerocar.jpeg

:worship::worship:

First ride I ever got in a ...ehem..."tactical" jet...was a tweet down at Laughlin. I'll never forget it; quite the difference from th Champs, 172s an Cherokees I had been flying.

Question: I always thought the FOD grill on the A-37 was pretty ingenious. Whay wasn't it adopted by vanilla Tweets? They were just a prone to FOD with those low slung vacuum cleaners.

Grant knows I wanna buy me a Bronco someday but I'll tell ya....if I was gonna buy a surplus jet it'd have to be a tweet....with a set of stellar ear plugs.

Grant knows I wanna buy me a Bronco someday but I'll tell ya....if I was gonna buy a surplus jet it'd have to be a tweet....with a set of stellar ear plugs.

When you get your Bronco, I'm sending in my application for co-pilot/observer.

DSC_4018.jpg

Matt

Hey, that showline looks familiar!

And welcome back Keith!

And welcome back Keith!
KEITH!!! You're alive!

We were gettin worried!

Thanks for the greetings guys. Don't worry, I've just been around everywhere and busy the past couple months. I even made a guest appearance on the Showtime series "Weeds" I was just there to give Mary Louise Parker a little entertainment at the beginning of an episode. You can see my name, below the shot of me and her in bed. Just take a look at my profile picture to see what I"m talking about.

And on to some Tweet photos!!!

Columbus jet at Shaw Fest a couple years ago

1.jpg

and a Sheppard jet at Camden airport a few years ago. Man, if you ever want to get some space away from everybody else at an airshow, just stand by a Tweet, cuz that area is always, always clear!

6.jpg

5.jpg

note the civilian name as the crew chief. When I was at Randolph, just as I was about to climb in the jet, I was a little surprised when I saw the crew chief. Instead of the typical airman in BDUs, I saw a civilian. I guess even the aircraft maintenance guys hate it so much that it has to be contracted out to civilians.

4.jpg

if a decent 1/48 Tweet kit is ever produced, the AM decal companies to take make decals for this flying training squadron.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Now this next set of photos were sent to me from another member at ARC. Which I cannot thank him enough for. As you can see, you don't see Tweet painted up like this often. No, these are not Dragonflies, but in fact, actual Tweets. For a while, after the O-2s and before the OV-10s were at Shaw, there were Tweets used in the observation role for a bit. They weren't here long (hence few photos) and they were designated OT-37s. You can expect a model of one of these from me in the future. It'll go nicely in between a Shaw O-2 and OV-10 model. Basically, these photos were the holy grail to me.

Here's a Tweet being prepped at Shaw.

7.jpg

and the holy grail shots

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Ah... so you've been off getting your batteries recharged, huh? ;)

I've been off, getting her off :D

And here are a few more random Tweet/Dragonfly pics...

Dragonfly diagram

13.gif

Tweet

14.gif

Inside the Dragonfly's nose

15.gif

One of the flying dog whistle's whistles

16.gif

First thing I asked when I saw the ejection seat was "Where's the seat cushion?" The pilot just said "You'll be wearing it."

17.gif

And some Dragonfly weapons diagrams

18.gif

19.gif

Here's the famous Top Tweet photo

20.jpg

Two things I noticed with this photo.

1. It's a Randolph jet with a checkered tail, meaning it's a 559th jet.

2. The visible tail number is 67-256, meaning it's the sister jet to the jet I got a ride in, 67-2257.