Today on my way to the gym, I was driving along and saw this dude coming out of a store suddenly glance up at the sky. I figured that there had to be something there, so since I was at a traffic light I glanced up real quick, and sure enough, there goes a Viper inbound to Vandenberg. Then, I finish up at the gym and am walking outside, I hear "the sound of freedom" once again. Glance up, and there's another Viper (or the same one from earlier just doing touch-n-goes). What motiviation for the Viper GB :thumbsup:.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

2 days ago actually,saw a white with blue trim Jetranger fly over,strange thing was this jetranger had a long rod which came out from under the nose for about 8ft.Never seen this one before.Looked like a long probe maybe for air sampling?

Mark

Took off out of Oakland today and given a heading of 310 degrees after takeoff (going to Salt Lake) - looked out to the left over the bay and saw the Blue Angels doing their show. It was only for a short time though before we were too far away. I hope all the tree-hugging hippies who didn't want them to perform were cowering under tables :P

"Jet noise - the sound of freedom"

Hitch

I see Mustangs and a Sea Fury fly quite often from the Santa Rosa CA airport, along with a couple of B-25's also. Did not see one today however as I was at work. The only thing I saw today was a bunch of irate Niner fans!

• 3 weeks later...

SPDD. Same planes, different days. Lots of F-15's and Raptors. All day, everyday(except weekends). Living right at the end of Tyndall, ya get a heavy dose. Love it when you put the little one down for a nap and a pair of Eagles come screaming over banking for final. Actually saw some 16's and a Globemaster last week coming over too. Can't wait for William Tell this year.

Gents:

Can't quite match the housefly, but, while standing in my yard got buzzed by two partridges (ruffled grouse). Close enuff over my head to hear the whistle as they went by. I really don't think I would wanna be hit by one. They were "moving" and about two feet over my head.

The "flight" pleasures are small since CFB North Bay ceased to be an active CAF base.

Alvin5182

looks like something similar to the U.S. Coast Guard. what is the Aussie equivalent? (ignorant American here sorry) but with the rescue on it, that'd be my guess.

Bill

I'm fairly certain we don't have a coast guard here. So I have no idea. It doesn't have any fire/ambulance/police markings on it, like the helicopters normally do.

Chris

I'm fairly certain we don't have a coast guard here. So I have no idea. It doesn't have any fire/ambulance/police markings on it, like the helicopters normally do.

Chris

No we don't have a coast guard,but customs run a/c in those colours

mick :thumbsup:

When I lived in hamilton I would see the lancaster almost every day. I'm in the Niagara falls area now, don't see it as much but I swear I can still hear it.

On the upside there is a guy here that has a spit, hurricane and a 109. With the daimler-benz motor!

Tim