Nothing special, but just a strange place to be seen.

USAF C-17 at the Airport in Guatemala City.

Actually what was stranger was 2 years ago, we touched down

at the same airport (GUA) and the USAF Thunderbirds were there...............

Curt

Edited by Netz
This flew over my house about 15mins ago. I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I've never seen something painted up like that. Any ideas?

Chris (who's loving his 200mm lens!)

Its a Australian Maritime Safety Authority - (AMSA) Dornier 328-110. Usually based in Darwin.

As a Westjet airbus was coming in for a landing, I noticed 2 deer in the yard across the street. ( I really like this new house....right near the airport but far enough to not be too noisey) :D

• 4 weeks later...

Thursday afternoon at work...2 F-22s ( Raptors) heading NNW out of MAFB....

Yesterday around noon....2 Ospreys heading into MAFB....

The usual gaggle of 130s all the time....

Happy holidays,

Jim

Edited by Sabre

Out fixing some Xmas decorations that had blown over in the wind and I happened to spy a C-5. It was very low (maybe 1,000 ft. or less), gear down probably shooting touch-n-goes out at Vandenberg (I actually saw it 4 times, I think, but I only got one really good view of it). I actually had time to run inside to get binoculars, and from what I saw it was a black and gold tail flash, so I'm assuming Travis. I will say one thing...no C-5 I've ever witnessed has sounded like this one did :cheers:.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123
When I lived in hamilton I would see the lancaster almost every day. I'm in the Niagara falls area now, don't see it as much but I swear I can still hear it.

On the upside there is a guy here that has a spit, hurricane and a 109. With the daimler-benz motor!

Tim

I get to hear that lovely Lanc at least twice a week,and many other aircraft,I work there! :doh:

Tony

lanc-fm213-4.jpg

Edited by Tony Hayes
I will say one thing...no C-5 I've ever witnessed has sounded like this one did :banana:.

I'm wondering if you saw a new C-5M Super Galaxy with the CF6 engines? As of the 3rd Quarter 2006 there were three flying and I believe the prototype was a Dover C-5. Dover's old tail band was yellow and black. Someday the C-5 sound that we are all familiar with will be gone from the skies. The CF6 is the same engine used on Air Force One.

From Code One magazine. On a hot day these engines will haul a 769,000lb C-5M up to 31,000ft in 19 minutes. :banana: Current C-5A/Bs take 33 minutes to reach 24,000ft at a take-off weight of less than 769,000lbs!! :salute:

Chappie

saw a c-17 bout 3 weeks ago and saw that russian bird 2 weeks ago. unfortunately i dont have a camera on me at all times so i didnt get pics of it.

As a Westjet airbus was coming in for a landing, I noticed 2 deer in the yard across the street. ( I really like this new house....right near the airport but far enough to not be too noisey) :coolio:

BTW..westjet only flies 737-700s and -800s

sean

We have a us air force C130 in at work at the moment.Not sure but i think its a MC-130 Combat Talon II.It has an interesting amount of lumps and bumbs on it and the nose art is a bat superimposed on the moon.

Also raf c130,s and an raf tristar.

Edited by Neil C P
  • 2 weeks later...