Guard Blackhawk dropped in to Republic (KFRG) the other day. Spent about 10 minutes parked at the terminal (with rotors turning) then left. I think one of the pilots needed to hit the head :rolleyes: That's the local cable news helicopter landing in the background of the first photo.

270877440_XSHDV-L.jpg

270877602_Wh785-L.jpg

Edited by Moose135

Almost have proof we still have a military around here.

Last few dys we have had a CH-146 Griffen buzzing about.

Today........A CF-18 came in to land at the local airport. DANG you forget how LOUD those suckers are when compared to a 737.

Did 2 circuits around the house, wheels down heavy right hand turn then straight in to the aiport across the river. Woman who just bought 2 doors down was covering her ears and had a face of absolute terror!!! :o

My kids were playing soccer outside and jumping up and down "Hey Dad, a Hornet!!!!" :thumbsup: You can see which families like and dislike fighter aircraft in this neighbourhood. :D

:D

Slow day spotting at YOW but it was worth it

Harvard from VWoC

Airp%2003%2008%20156.jpg

Sikorsky S-76 Air Ambulance

Airp%2003%2008%20163.jpg

My first sighting of Zoom's "City of Montreal" B757-200 Airp%2003%2008%20171.jpg

Top Aces 2 Alpha Jet C-GOTA

Airp%2003%2008%20181.jpg

Wayne

YOW Airport Watch

where are the aircraft on these pics all i can see is snow i tnink they need to paint them a little brighter!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

where are the aircraft on these pics all i can see is snow i tnink they need to paint them a little brighter!! :)

those pictures are decievng. we actually had a lot MORE snow that it looks. I work at the building in the background of the last pic(red roof) and that one snow bank on the left by the fence is nearly 8 feet(!!!!!!!!!!) tall. the only good news was we were the snowiest capital in the world

the funny thing..if the one with the harvard was taklen about 30 seconds earlier you would see me staring right at the camera :whistle:

sean

Two different ends of the spectrum made an appearance over my house today......Around 10am a little ultralight buzzed around the area for about 15 minutes before heading off to the SW. But about 2 hours ago a 747 passed overhead, but not that much overhead. If he was at 10k I'll be stunned. What's the big deal about that? There aren't any fields around here big enough to handle one of those.

Edited by devil505

I was under the truck early this afternoon changing the oil and heard what I thought was a C-130. I wondered, "Who the heck is flying today into KABI?" (Abilene Regional) I got up in time to see one of the P-3 Orion Slurry Bombers on a long base-leg into KABI and of course had a bit of oil on my hands and no camera. They have about three slurry bombers based out of Abilene right now as west Texas has been in a high fire danger for some time now. I'll have to get out the the airport and see if I can get some pics.

I wasn't able to see the tail number on the one today but here are some pics I took awhile back. First at McGhee-Tyson (Knoxville), TN in 2000 and the next at Moses Lake, WA in 2005.

Tanker23.jpg

100_0586.jpg

Mark

Is that the Hamilton airport Shawn? I wish I was back home to see that!

Nope, Waterloo Wellington, thats why seeing a Horent landing HERE is even more impressive.