Went to the "Addison Kaboom Town" Fourth of July celebration - which featured flybys from the Cavanaugh Museum.

Stearman

PT-19

T-6 (four of 'em)

T-28

FM-2 Wildcat

FG-1 Corsair (lovely checkers on the cowl)

P-51D Mustang

AD-5 Skyraider

CV-2 Caribou

OV-1 Mohawk

And the icing on the cake - a B-24A Liberator. You read that right - an "A" model. That made my day.

Saw a blimp over Birmingham AL this morning. All I can tell you is that it didn't have clearly recognizable markings on it, and it wasn't THAT far away from me. Me and another coworker stopped on the Interstate to help a motocyclist that has a fuel leak, when I saw this white and orange beast approaching. It did have the large panel on the left side for advertising, but nothing was on the screen. It was still five or more miles from the airport when it flew over me, and it was headed generally South-southeast. Only the second time I didn't have my camera bag in my patrol car.......figures doesn't it?

Saw a C-32 fly over so ran over to Green with my little girl, Joe Bidon was on board so it was AF-2. Was cool for my little one not only to see the plane, but got to see the motorcade arrive and Bidon get back on board and fly away.

Guess Warwick etc. did not have to much time to know he was coming, they where jumpy about people getting close to the plane.

AF-2Bidon4.jpg

AF-2Bidon5.jpg

AF-2Bidon1.jpg

AF-2Bidon2.jpg

AF-2Bidon3.jpg

Edited by Wayne S
FAA Lear 60, "Flight Check 55" shooting approaches to test the ILS.

Hey I helped buy that plane. I also work fleet reliabilty problems for the Flight Inspection aircraft

Tom

A Halifax and a MiG-21, among other things, at the RCAF Museum in Trenton this afternoon.

Halifax

DSC_0106.jpg

MiG-21

DSC_0146.jpg

Uncle Jean Guy Andre Cloutier remembered on The 1 Air Division Memorial Cairn and in the Sabre Pilots Book of Remembrance

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003-3.jpg

Edited by AX 365

1 Cathay Pacific 747-400

1 British Airways 747-400

2 Japan Airlines 747-400s

3 Air Canada Airbus A310s,

2 Air Canada Airbus A330s

1 Lufthansa A340-200

1 Gulfstream GIV

1 Canada CRJ700

A couple more that I forgot.

Hey...I live on final to YVR.

Edited by The_Animal

Yesterday while driving down Banshee Road(part of the McDonnell Douglas now Boeing complex) I saw two Super Hornets parked under the sheds.

But Today I saw this about an hour ago -

2964607810102498765S600x600Q85.jpg

The church we were visiting for an afternoon program was located across the street from the Fire Dept trainging building. On the helicopter was a SWAT team. They would take off, fly around, and then land in a small lot next to the training building and the guys would assualt the building on that lot(a different building than the training building). Then the copter would pick them up and they would do it again. I watched them do this three times. When I drove up the street and turned the corner the copter would come in flying right past you at low altitiude.

Edited by tsculton
A Halifax and a MiG-21, among other things, at the RCAF Museum in Trenton this afternoon.

Uncle Jean Guy Andre Cloutier remembered on The 1 Air Division Memorial Cairn and in the Sabre Pilots Book of Remembrance

DSC_0157.jpg

Very nice photo with the Sabre in the reflection. Did you notice which Herc is in the background? Might that be 315 minus its paint?

Wow! They've made a lot of progress since we visited two years ago. The Halifax was parked on a dirt floor and covered with dust, and the MiG was still in its original weathered paint with the East German markings crudely painted over.

SN

Steve / Shawn

It was a great day. I only noticed the Sabre reflected in the cairn after I took the shot. I must say I amazed myself with that one. Seeing uncle Guy's name on the cairn and in the book of remembrance was quite cathartic, and I never even met the man. As for the Herc in the background, I'm not sure what number it is. I didn't get up close to it. It has grey paint but it's extremely faded.

I had planned on going to Trenton on my holidays last summer but they had the Halifax under wraps so they could pour the new floor. I'm glad I waited. The new addition is quite spacious. Hopefully they'll have enough room to display all the artifacts they have in their possession. It will be a worth a return trip in a couple of years when they get things squared away.

Saw an F-16D with the Israeli-style spine; the local Arizona ANG is training foreign pilots, in their own machines apparently.

Probably the F-16F used by the UAE. The pilots are trained by the AZ ANG. If you check Cybermodeler, you'll find shots of them with half UAE, half USAF markings. It is really strange, though. It's not uncommon for the US (or another country) to sell aircraft to someone, and then train that country's pilots on their own aircraft. This makes even more sense if the aircraft differ from standard USAF machines, as is the case with the UAE.

- Brad :woot.gif:

I thought I was in Russia yesterday because I saw a parked Il-76 and a Antonov 124 on the ramp in CFB Trenton. There was just as much russian hardware as there was Canadian. Weird eh? :woot.gif:

Weird, yes. But also pathetic. And this is coming from a Canadian..... The Russians use their large transports as chartered aircraft for other countries.

- Brad

I'm wondering if you saw a new C-5M Super Galaxy with the CF6 engines? As of the 3rd Quarter 2006 there were three flying and I believe the prototype was a Dover C-5. Dover's old tail band was yellow and black. Someday the C-5 sound that we are all familiar with will be gone from the skies. The CF6 is the same engine used on Air Force One.

From Code One magazine. On a hot day these engines will haul a 769,000lb C-5M up to 31,000ft in 19 minutes. :blink: Current C-5A/Bs take 33 minutes to reach 24,000ft at a take-off weight of less than 769,000lbs!! :o

Chappie

Cool. I live in nothern CA outside of Sacramento. We get the odd C-5 going into Mather from Travis AFB. Are the C-5s there being upgraded as well? I'll keep my ears (and eyes) on alert.

- Brad

Today I was lucky to see The Collings Foundations P-51 and B-24 flying today. They and the B-17 are in Omaha for the week to give rides and be on display for the public. I am going to have alot of fun at work this week.

Today I saw a C-5 at Lambert IAP near the Boeing buildings. I'm sure she was part of the presidents visit tonight for the All Star game here in St. Louis. AF1 hadnt arrived yet but the heavy police presence let me know that it was on its way. There also was a Rhino that appeared to have just returned from a flight.