Two days ago, the An-124 UR-82073, with the huge Antonov Design Bureau on the tail. Swapped my patch for one of theirs. :doh:

The beast opened up and ate two large trucks.

Edited by ST0RM

Mike/AX 365,

That is very poignant ..the SABER BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE and the Memorial....

HOLMES :P

{ not as good as your day but just saw a 737 Virgin thingy go over MY home just now...get a lot of 737 fly over....}

Well, I have been in the Kitty Hawk NC area since Sunday night and I have seen and heard alot of fun stuff. Tuesday I was 40 miles off the coast fishing and I got to hear the Navy/Marine F-18's breaking the barrier overhead. In-between all that I have seen TONS of Hornets, a Jayhawk, Cessna's, a 412, and the Wright Bros. Memorial at Kitty Hawk. Fun times.

Neat thing about being here in this area is the VERY regular overflights of Hornets. At night we have watched them fly inline, then while overhead, we watch them all turn south and form up into an echelon (sp?). Cool to watch just the blinking lights do manuevers.

What a cool cool place to hang out for a week. Too bad I didn't get to stay here before they retired the Tomcat......

A buddy of mine picked me up in his 150 in Burlington yesterday and we flew over to Muskoka airport, and on the ramp were 2 Challengers, a few King Airs, a Westwind, Falcon 900 and A-ROD'S G-IV!! (Registration was N113AR) Apparently he was in town for the all-star break with Kate Hudson visiting Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel. Cool to say the least. We ended up going out for dinner with the Falcon pilots, they were real nice guys from North Carolina flying for Lowe's. Afterwards they gave us a tour of their jet, which only had about 170 hours on it. Still had that new-car smell. It was really cool looking through the HUD and stuff, beautiful plane! Now I've just got to find $42 million somewhere...

Edited by trevortex88

Pet Airways...

593882193_hRU8C-L.jpg

You may have heard about this new service, flying dogs and cats on dedicated pet-only flights. They offer service between NY, Chicago and LA, flying a Beech 1900 operated by Suburban Air Freight. Their first flight left FRG on Tuesday - they stop in Baltimore and overnight in Chicago, then make a couple of stops, ending in LA the following day. The return flight is Thursday/Friday. Missed their inaugural departure Tuesday, but caught them on the ramp today after their return. Unfortunately, where it was parked, and where I could shoot from, I wasn't able to get the Pet Airway logo on the rear of the fuselage, but I'm working on some better photos.

A Legacy Hornet just beat up our local airport before landing. Not sure what the occaision is..our airshow was two weeks ago. He's probably a transient waiting out some weather at our ANG base.

Hoping to see LOTS of cool stuff at Thunder Over Michigan tomorrow!

SN

I saw two A-10s fly overhead at a lower than normal altitude. At least considering they seemed to not be headed toward the airport. But it was cool never the less. This is Hornet and Eagle country, never seen A-10s flying around here like that.

This at Dyess AFB...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/...C-9B/1291446/L/

And this at San Antonio (KSAT)...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Marin...C-9B/1205283/L/

Must have been my day for C-9s! It was also the day I didn't bring my camera to work! I don't remember the actual tail numbers of the ones I saw today so I just picked a couple pics from Airliners.net

Mark

Enjoyed the warm, sunny weather this afternoon by doing a little spotting at JFK with a group of spotters.

595955749_qG3J5-L.jpg

595953846_7oX6t-L.jpg

595955927_kNjYJ-L.jpg

My first shot of a Skyteam logo jet.

595955082_d3PdA-L.jpg

I've caught the QANTAS One World, but this is my first BA One World...

595955239_CAejC-L.jpg

595953642_rzzCq-L.jpg

Enjoyed the warm, sunny weather this afternoon by doing a little spotting at JFK with a group of spotters.

595955749_qG3J5-L.jpg

595953846_7oX6t-L.jpg

595955927_kNjYJ-L.jpg

My first shot of a Skyteam logo jet.

595955082_d3PdA-L.jpg

I've caught the QANTAS One World, but this is my first BA One World...

595955239_CAejC-L.jpg

595953642_rzzCq-L.jpg

Very cool! :lol:

- Brad :soapbox:

Was at Arbroath today to visit their seaside spectacular ( begrudged paying £17 for a 2 hour flying display at East Fortune ) only to watch a 20 min display of a Spitfire. What a sight. He brought it down below the level of the cliffs beating up the beach. What a sight and a beautiful sound. You just cannot beat the sound of a RR piston engine!! ( the wife says I was born in the wrong era ).

weegie

Another trip to Long beach ;

DSCN1181.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

DSCN1184.jpg

DSCN1183.jpg

DSCN1185.jpg

DSCN1186.jpg

DSCN1187.jpg

also saw, but no pics of, the PAPA 01 c-17, and one about to be rolled out of Boeing's hangar bound for Qatar? had big lettering on the side of the fuselage in CAPS, started in Q , ended in AR. only saw the plane from the front, and at quite a distance. Anyone know details? :)