Saw an MC-130P Combat Shadow! I see those every day. I did get the honor of seeing all the guts under the pilots seat as I changed an elevator cable tension regulator! I have about six cotter pin cuts and numerous abrasions to prove it!

Curt

Air Force One!!! And some Homeland Security Blackhawks, 3 Super Stallions and a whole lot of Secret Service agents!

Sweet!!!!!!!

--------------------------------

Moose:::::::::: anyclue who's they were?

If not, could you make out a tail number, to check?

---------------------------------------------------------------

I see C-130J-30 and blackhawks almost every other day here.

Edited by Wayne S

Believe it or not........A Mig 15.(Could be a 19?) Doing stunts over my house. THen it would fly away for 5 minutes. I'd go in, it would come by again. Tried to get a photo but all I have is the little first generation camera I use for shooting models.

IMGP9471.jpg

Kay, take my word for it, its in there. Silver no markings.

Then around 30 minutes later this brown and tan jet with Russian stars shows up. Its the 3rd time this summer I have seen this guy.

IMGP9472.jpg

IMGP9473.jpg

Sorry like I said, its a really old first generation camera.

Edited by phantom

Wayne, they were NY National Guard, probably out of ISP. The one with the Guard logo on the front door is 80-23459. The second one I'm not so sure of the registration - it shows "0-23567" on the tail, but I don't find anything that matches in my favorite databases. From Scramble, there is a "81-23567" which was a Blackhawk assigned to the MT Guard as of about 3 years ago, don't know if it's the same airframe or not. From Joe Baugher's site, the sequence looks like it's an 81, but this particular number isn't detailed on his list.

Wayne, they were NY National Guard, probably out of ISP. The one with the Guard logo on the front door is 80-23459. The second one I'm not so sure of the registration - it shows "0-23567" on the tail, but I don't find anything that matches in my favorite databases. From Scramble, there is a "81-23567" which was a Blackhawk assigned to the MT Guard as of about 3 years ago, don't know if it's the same airframe or not. From Joe Baugher's site, the sequence looks like it's an 81, but this particular number isn't detailed on his list.

You shot the first bird before it seams.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6429390

Today I went to pick up my pre-order of Madden 10 for XBox, and on the drive to Best Buy, I saw about a bazillion Aero Union P-3's, some P-2's, and even a couple California Dept. of Forestry S-2's. Another huge fire burning in the back country and one of the local airports is a standby tanker base that apparently has been activated. Looked like a buffet line at the retardant and fuel re-fill area, and they were getting them in and outta there in record time. Last time the base was active I went over to watch departures and arrivals, and you were lucky enough if you got one or two in every hour. Today, as soon as somebody landed and cleared the runway, somebody else was rolling. By my guess, a departure every 5-7 minutes was standard today.

According to the local paper, they're also using a Martin Mars waterbomber. I haven't been lucky enough to see it, and it's filling up at a lake a good 2 hours northeast of me, so I doubt I'll see it.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

I don't think i'll ever get sick of seeing them roaring around. The trojans got such an awesomely distinctive sound! Pure baby makin' music!

Denzil (who's allowed to make up works to describe how awesome things are....:thumbsup: )

Damn, im turning into a 'what'd ya see today' slapper. time for me to slow down the pics!

Here's todays action from little ol Toowoomba.

Skytrans Dash 8

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0109.jpg

My Boss' new toy arrived today

DSCF0092.jpg

Got to go for a lap in her too, my first helicopter flight. I'm not convinced.....

Denzil (Who should stop taking his camera to work...)

Today - while driving down Lindbergh near the airport I heard my favorite sound and looked out the window and saw a family model SuperHornet(unpainted) in the landing circuit.

Sautrday - went to the KC Airexpo and saw a bunch of stuff. 2 Harriers, 2 Hornets(1 from VMFAT101 and 1 from VFA151), 2 T-45s, TACAMO, AC47, C47, AH64, CH47, F4U, Mig17, UH1, Skyraider, B25, Super Connie, Honor Flight 737 and a bunch other civilian stuff and displays by the F-16, F-18, Harriers, Mig17, B2, TimWeber, Golden Knights, etc etc etc.

Well actually it was yesterday but I was outside and heard that sweet sound of multiple radials and looked up to see the Collings Foundation's B-24 flying a few hundred feet up. It went right down Main Ave. in Ocean Grove (where I was standing) and then banked north towards Asbury Park. I looked it up and found that the B-24, B-17, and TP-51C will be at Monmouth Executive Airport (formerly Allaire Airport) until Thursday.

Marine 1 just flew over my house, Shame I did not go out sooner. At first I thought it was just a black hawk. But has it got louder and was climbing. Something did not sound right, So I ran out, sure enough it was Marine One, By the time I ran and grabbed the camera, they already had ALT and was headed to the Island.

Sucks could not tell, if it came from T.F Green Or Quonset.

All week at approx 2100hrs, we've had 2 tonkas from Leuchars fly overhead back from the military tattoo in edinburgh. been great but just wish had a decent camera as the other night the sky was just turning dark when they came over on afterburner.

weegie