An-2 Colt with a big butt ugly paint scheme, a CT-133. A B-17, a couple Griffens and 4 Harvards its night time now and I can here all kinds of load multi engine types coming into the local airport 3 km away.

B-17

IMGP9530.jpg

Corsair, (cheap first generation camera.......)

IMGP9526.jpg

Havards

IMGP9535.jpg

Believe it or not, this dot is a Mustang

IMGP9536.jpg

Griffen hiding behind the houses.

IMGP9537.jpg

And to end a Mig 15 two seater

IMGP9538.jpg

Edited by phantom

Nice shots, Phantom. I need to hang outside the parking lot for a bit.

So far I haven't been outside, but I've heard 2 A310s, and a Dash 8. Just perfecting my hearing on the different types of a/c.

You lucky stiff, Shawn! We were supposed to have a Classic Air Rallye at the Canada Aviation Museum this weekend. Unfortunately, I got screwed over by the weather and having to work midnights (I just woke up 1/2 hour ago). I think I'm off when VWoC has their 'Open House' in September.

On the plus side, I did have lunch with 9 Sabre pilots yesterday afternoon out at the Hylands Golf Course. You talk about some interesting stories!

At the Toronto airport today:

IMGP9732.jpg

These guys and this big un........

IMGP9731.jpg

Then down the road I saw.......

IMGP9745.jpg

and'

IMGP9765.jpg

ANd then I noticed the Pittsburg Penguins team jet....

IMGP9761.jpg

All these taken through a fence on my lunch break.

• 2 weeks later...

More...

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0432-1.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

And finally...

Wing Commander (Ret'd) James Francis 'Stocky' Edwards, after his flight in the dual control P-40. W/C Edwards is Canada's highest scoring surviving ace from World War II with 18 confirmed victories. A true gentleman.

DSC_0809.jpg

At the Fly-In in Simsbury, CT (mostly private planes and an old car show) on Sunday, we got buzzed a few times by an L-39 Albetros (Czech-built airmed trainer). Quite low, and slow, we got a good look at him, with huge red stars on the wings. We heard a few people think it was "some kinda' MiG!". I kept my mouth shut, don't want to look like a k-i-a. :salute:

Felinoid

Saw the shuttle yesterday. It was diverted to JRB Carswell due to weather. We were working on the T-line when the tower notified us that the shuttle was inbound, next thing we knew there it was. Talk about front row seats we were about 300 yards out when he touched down.

Sorry about the picture quality, it was taken with a cell phone.

photo.jpg

This was taken by my friend Jack who is smart enough to carry a camera with him at all times.

SpaceShuttle.jpg

Dave Fassett

Edited by Bulldog 09

I was driving N. on hwy 69 in Pryor Ok and a flatbed truck passed me with a F105 on the trailer. Was in pieces but the front half was intact. I see F18s going north all the time for overhaul but never a Thud till today. went by to fast to get a photo.

Norm :jaw-dropping:

I saw a Boeing with a dark black or blue tail fin..there was no other color at all excpet on the edge of the tailat the top... but could not make out the livery so I have no idea what I saw as it was too high up in the blue skies today.

:cheers:

Caught a contrailing C-17 heading south over Wellington, New Zealand, on Sunday. Pretty rare thing to see in my neck of the woods :crying2:

c171.jpg

c173.jpg

They come down here to support the US Antarctic forward base (Operation Deep Freeze) at Christchurch International, and head down to the ice themselves in support of Antarctic operations.

Edited by Mumbles