Been living in St. Louis near the airport since 1987 minus the 5 years I lived in Kansas City Mo. Even worked at McDonnell Douglas for 5 years. But Sunday for the first time ever I saw a tractor trailer hauling in the rear section of a Super Hornet on the back of a flatbed trailer.

• 4 weeks later...

F/A-18C BuNo 164630 of VFA-106, the "Gladiators" at Republic Airport today. It is painted in the Hornet 30th Anniversary commemorative colors. It's scheduled to depart on Sunday, when the weather is supposed to be much better.

691217200_Fc38k-L.jpg

691212349_vTvRC-L.jpg

691212005_FpF4D-L.jpg

I've been looking for this thread...

Last week (Thursday?) I saw a P-3 on approach to Love Field. Had hi-viz US roundels on a gloss light gray paintjob, but no other markings I could see - and he was fairly low and near the freeway. I did see a couple of long fairings along its belly that I didn't recognize - could it have been an EP-3?

How about some shots in the daylight? He departed FRG this afternoon.

692437501_kvyZu-L.jpg

692438521_NBoER-L.jpg

692438681_wCXbP-L.jpg

692438867_kafUn-L.jpg

692438901_nHuJD-L.jpg

There was quite a crowd around the airport to watch this guy depart. He had about 20 family members come down to see him off, and everyone got to climb on the jet for a picture before he fired up. We almost ran out of daylight by the time they were done!

Thanks for the additional shots, Moose !

That scheme, in my opinion is the best looking Prototype scheme to grace an aircraft ...

________

James, you'll always have that moment and be reminded by it when ever you see a Talon Streak across the Sky ...

Gregg

Air Canada Jetz A320, used for the recent U2 North America tour. It's still in the special scheme used during the tour. It's at Republic Airport today, flying the Edmonton Oilers in for a game with the NY Islanders.

700858574_8fHUJ-L.jpg

A couple of days ago actually:

DSC_0618.jpg

RNZAF Museum, Christchurch...

and a few weeks before that...

Lake Taupo, New Zealand (bloody McDonalds...)

DSC_0450.jpg

Squirrels near Franz Josef Glacier..

DSC_0107-1.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

Harald

Edited by PhantomPhreakII

my house is in a village next to a country hotel with a helipad !! we get a selection of difrent visitors

this as 350 is a regular visitor i chat to its owner / pilot regular watched him go in and out today

although this shot was taken earlier this year

i normaly go to photograph them as i'm not restricted like at airfields and can get close up to them

i also usualy get chance of interior shots

i have some nice shots of the national grids as 355 survey heli at the same pad also.

for those intrested this as 350 used to be white and registered G-HLEN at that time it was owned by the t.v personality noel edmonds !!

3489342546_834d039e8f_b.jpg

Edited by tornado64

Not quite today, since for some reason I couldn't find this thread on the day in question, but here are some shots from the display on November 1st to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the opening of Wellington International Airport in New Zealand. Mostly a small static display airside, with a couple of flying displays scheduled around operational movements as the airport stayed open throughout. Apologies for graininess in some of the shots, I had the camera on the wrong detail setting for a while :tumble: .

WIA1b.jpg

WIA2b-1.jpg

WIA6b.jpg

WIA10.jpg

WIA11.jpg

WIA12.jpg

WIA13.jpg

WIA8.jpg

WIA9.jpg

WIA19.jpg

Saw a UK Coast Guard Sikorsky S-92 yesterday. Shame I did not know what it was till after it left.

Took a few takes at it to even make it out LOL.

First, looking and saying to my self. "Thats a USCG Helo, but when did they get a CH-53" LOL.

Then when it came closer, I could tell it wasn't a CH-53.

Shame, would of been nice to grab a picture of the one I saw.

This is what it looked like, pretty cool looking Helo.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Coast/...2498c0f143a78e1

Edited by Wayne S
  • 2 weeks later...

I live very close to the local airport so I see aircraft every day. My house is right under the traffic pattern so I've got a pretty good spot. Last week : Classic B-24 & B-17 Bombers. :P Yesterday: Two Ah-1W Cobra's. :thumbsup: Couldn't get to my camera in time or you would see them too.

Tommy

The first Air France A380 made its inaugural flight into New York today:

719279694_XKhsU-L.jpg

719279882_SKhMY-L.jpg

It's so clean! :thumbsup:

719280142_GBd3k-L.jpg

719290727_zVZc2-L.jpg

Alitalia B767 in new SkyTeam colors:

719291079_VQxpN-L.jpg

Etihad A340 in special markings promoting the recent Abu Dhabi Grand Prix...it just beat the setting sun:

719279337_W7UBu-L.jpg

This is a day late so I apologize. I saw 3 KC-135's flying in trail followed by 4 F-16s .Two behind and to the rear of the lead 135 and the other two were to the rear and the right of the last 135. the were flying from Se to NW over Omaha and they were just low enough to tell what they were with the naked eye.Wish I had a camera with me.