G'day all,

A few more from Toowoomba, QLD Australia

CAC Winjeel off for a lap:

DSCF0025.jpg

Replica FW190. This thing must be seen to be believed, it's truly awesome.

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

Denzil

I had heard we were going to get a visit from an F-18 at Republic Airport today, and that it was probably going to be a Super Hornet. Went down to take a look at it, and I thought "What in the world do they have hanging off it, and what's with the wing tips...HOLY *&^# THAT'S A GROWLER!!!" Yes, we had a visit from an EA-18G.

897137469_PSYaa-L.jpg

897137382_cty4R-L.jpg

Northrop Grumman designed the Growler's electronic systems at their Bethpage plant, and the plane paid a visit so company employees could take a look and talk with the flight crew.

It's been a pretty good last couple days here at Vandenberg. Got buzzed by a T-38 twice yesterday (first time it was so far away, it was just a small speck moving in the sky, and I actually mis-identified it as a Hornet...LOL, then it flew directly over my house and I could tell what it was right away), then, about 15-20 minutes ago, it was back, and this time it bought a friend. I've seen a few T-38's fly over the house, but they've always been alone...this was the first 2-ship formation I've seen around here.

I see CESSAN 125 almost every day as they are used in training and One has just flew over mY home.

and as I type this 2 airliners have juts gone too.....One was A 747 EMIRATES airliner and the other was

BA's airliner :rofl::bandhead2:

Working below one of the flight corridors from Miramar, there are aircraft flying over all the time, mostly legacy Hornets and CH-46 and CH53's, with C-130s being fairly common, and C-17s every so often. Today I saw something I don't recall seeing before - a formation of three F-5s. They were flying above a wispy cloud layer so I couldn't tell for certain, but I assume they wore aggressor paint schemes.

Last night in the back yard around 9:05 I hear a rather loud noise. Look up and see the Snowbirds, all 9 of them in formation pooping smoke as they fly over my house at low level. VERY COOL.

A day late here, but driving up to northern Cali to Best Man at a friend's wedding, I happened to drive by Moffett Field and saw:

3x C-130s

1x An-225 (or-125, whichever is the 4-engined variety, not 6-engined) that looked big enough to swallow up the 3 Hercs.

Also drove by SFO and San Jose and saw a variety of Airbuses and Boeing 747s, 57s, 67s and even one Triple Seven.

Caught two Sea Knights flying over today. Not sure where they came from or where they were headed, because they were at a very high altitude. Come to think of it, it's very possible that they could've been Chinooks because they were up so high it was hard to tell...dual rotors was pretty much all I saw, but they looked gray, so I'm labeling them as Sea Knights.

B-24 Witchcraft (in town with the accompanying B-17) in flight on downwind to Tacoma-Narrows airport. They are there from Mon-Wed. Wish I could get out to see 'em in person! Quite a sight and sound to see the B-24 in the air!

A day late here, but driving up to northern Cali to Best Man at a friend's wedding, I happened to drive by Moffett Field and saw:

3x C-130s

1x An-225 (or-125, whichever is the 4-engined variety, not 6-engined) that looked big enough to swallow up the 3 Hercs.

Also drove by SFO and San Jose and saw a variety of Airbuses and Boeing 747s, 57s, 67s and even one Triple Seven.

That would be the An-124, James ... Cool sight to see ... :boohoo:

Gregg

Its been busy here in The Omaha area with all kinds of aircraft going in and Out of Eppley Airfield. Earlier this week we had 3 - UH-60s fly in and then the next day we had a Uh-72 fly over. It was painted Gloss Black with a white line down the side trimed in gold and the words U.S Army in the same way. It was n't going by all that fast but it was neet to see. Yesterday Four F-16s flew over on the way to Rosenblatt Staduim For the College World Series and today I saw a C-17 fly over high enough to leave contrails and I needed my binoculars to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I caught another pair of Sea Knights buzzing over. Second group of them in about two weeks. Also, this weekend is the annual Piper Cub Fly-In at the local airport, so there's about a bazillion little yellow airplanes arriving during this week, and there's sure to be more over the weekend.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

Whilst out on duties yesterday saw a Militray Helicopter form the car..

It was dark bluey/greeny colored and I dont know what it was but it was a Militray helo..There is a local Military air show on this week end not far from MY home...

Seen a Half track being driven there too.

And a Miltitary Jeep with green netting on top of the roof.

• 2 weeks later...

The Collings Foundation B-17 and the B-24 and the P-51 were here in Omaha for the weekend. Didn;t get to see them till today when Nine O Nine took off for the one flight they had going due to weather and time. Wish I had pictures but they wouldn't have come out anyway from where I was at work.

Last week while I was headed to court for jury duty, I saw a KC-135 on final into Vandenberg, and today I caught the tail end of an inbound Viper. Went out to the flightline on base to see if I could spot it hanging around out there, but apparently it had already left :D...

Edited by TomcatFanatic123