Mark,

Wow, nice catch. Talk about an oddity. Always amazed at somethings that show up in austere locations. Caught a pair pre-delivery G.222s for the Afghan Army/Air Force this past summer. But yours are cooler!

Stay safe!

Jeff

A RAF Vickers VC-10 Flew over. Not a common thing in New Mexico USA. Cool!! I wikipediaed and it says there are only 13 active military in the world!! Something special for sure. Saw a Combat Talon too, but those are always flying here LOL

Edit: Great pics Phantom and F-106A Thanks for sharing.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Buncha Boeing 737s, Airbuses flying overhead...and on final to YVR. Also saw that damned KLM MD-11 too last night. As usual didn't have my camera with me. I need to start reminding myself that I need to take the camera and long lens.

Shot this yesterday at the Vintage Wings of Canada airshow. First ever fly by of aircraft representing Canadian Victoria Cross recipients of 2nd World War. Mynarski Lancaster, Hornell Canso and Gray Corsair.

I hope this works

Wayne

Recently the high winds blew in someone's shorts...Short's Skyvan that is.

IMG_3671ec8.jpg

This one is based in Milwaukee and was visiting KATW to do some approaches or possible check ride. They were a real PITA for the local and regional controllers because they kept changing their IFR flight plan. The controllers were accommodating even if it was a busy day (due to low ceilings, high winds and increased IFR traffic) IFR wise. When they finally departed the area to head back to MKE, they requested yet another change of route/plan...the controllers worked quickly to make it happen only to be told by the aircrew once given new vectors..."Forget it, we changed our minds." The tone in the controllers voice said it all!!!

The next time they come around here for any practice, my guess is they will find the controllers less accommodating...indefinite hold over the beacon or ground delays while their new request is processed.

Caught a Growler going over head on his way home to Whidbey.

Heard a loud jet...which isn't terribly uncommon as I live pretty close to Boeing's Everett plant where they test the 787....but this sound did not sound like anything commercial. Ran out on the deck, looked up and saw those very distinct tails

Solent Coastguard Agusta-Bell/Westland AB/AW139

Hampshire Police Air Support Unit, a Britten-Norman Defender 4000

Sussex Police Air Support Unit, looks like a MD-900 Explorer

Surrey Police Air Support Unit, a Eurocopter EC135

Royal Navy Westland Sea King AEW.7

An anonymous Bell JetRanger

And if the powers that be get their way Hampshire, Sussex, and Surrey will have their air support units amalgamated into a single unit operated by a single helicopter covering all 3 counties.

On my way to the gym today, I got the shock of all shocks (as in almost-causing-an-accident-from-going-oh-my-goodness shock). I was driving down "H" St. (our town's main street), and I caught the glint of an aircraft out of the corner of my eye. From far away, and trying to keep one eye on the road and one eye on the a/c, I saw it was big, with 4-engines. OK, a KC-135 I thought...fairly common visitor for us. The closer it came, I was watching, and watching and watching, and I thought "that is no -135. What the hell is it?" Then it flew right in front of me, and I recognized it as a 747, with a dark blue/light blue/white paint scheme with "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" on the side. Sure enough, it was one of the VC-25's from the Presidential Airlift Group. Saw on the news it was out here doing testing. First time I've ever seen one in person.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123