The Indy 500? Were they part of the fly over? Haven't watched the tape yet, was busy at the air show...

BINGO!!!! We have a winner!

My question is, what was the A-4 chase plane all about? Flying behind the Superbug formation, no in-flight footage in the T.V. coverage, so photography wasn't it. The Superbugs did a practice flyover on Friday for the Carb day festivities, no Scooter chasing behind then. And I wasn't aware the Navy was still flying ANY A-4s, but I'm 100% sure that's what it was. It was carrying dual drop tanks.

Gents:

Working outside in the yard, with the blackflies and mosquitoes, I heard a distant "whine" and looked up to see what I thought were blackflies in formation........................

Summer2011012-1.jpg

as they got closer I realized something was amiss...............

Summer2011011.jpg

A few seconds later I realized it was that rare visitor to North Bay in this day and age.............The Snowbirds arriving for their appearance at Armed Forces Day tomorrow. Did a great loop over the nearby lake and travelled around the edge of the property! Nice to see!

Summer2011010.jpg

Alvin5182

Two civilian painted C-130's (don't know who they belong to, they were white on top and had a large yellow L on a green background on their tails) and an AH-124-100 at the Madison, WI airport today! I'll post pics as soon as I get them downloaded. Not to mention the usual Viper traffic. All in all, a great day!

And here are the photos:

The two C-130's appear to belong to Lynden Air Cargo out of Alaska:

AH-124005.jpg

And here's one of the two Hercs:

AH-124003.jpg

And the AH-124:

AH-124007.jpg

More:

AH-124008.jpg

And More:

AH-124009.jpg

And More Still:

AH-124014.jpg

And Yet More Still:

AH-124020.jpg

It was really cool seeing this in person. Don't get to see too many Russian aircraft outside of a museum around here!

Justin

Edited by jminer

We have a Gulfstream finishing facility here...I'm always watching their ramp for military aircraft, here are a couple I've spotted there in the past few days.

P1560460e8.jpg

This one from the Swedish Air Force. It wasn't parked in the best place for taking pictures.

P1560510e8.jpg

P1560511e8.jpg

The other day one of the Wisconsin's ANG KC-135R was out on a refueling mission when its intended receiver apparently cancelled so the crew opted to get in some touch n goes here at KATW. Took this shot from my front yard.

_MG_6044ec8.jpg

And here are the photos:

And the AH-124:

AH-124007.jpg

More:

AH-124008.jpg

And More:

AH-124009.jpg

And More Still:

AH-124014.jpg

And Yet More Still:

AH-124020.jpg

It was really cool seeing this in person. Don't get to see too many Russian aircraft outside of a museum around here!

Justin

We get them here in Houston every so often. I've seen them a couple of times at Bush Intercontinental Airport.

Been a good past couple of weeks. With the Thunder on the Lakeshore Airshow in Manitowoc this weekend, the Viper East Demo Team is staging out of GRB.

I like the travel pods.

ViperEastDemoF-16s.jpg

Close up shot of one of the two:

ViperEastDemoF-16.jpg

Looking forward to seeing them in the air this weekend!

:cheers:

Justin

Caught an ED C-17 meandering about, followed a few minutes later by a very rare (around these parts) E-2C. Caught the -17's first pass, then ran in and got my camera and was prepared for it's 2nd pass, and I nabbed a couple shots of it, along with the Hawkeye. I'll post the pics here shortly...and I'm going to zoom in on the Hawkeye and see if I can figure out what squadron it belongs to and where it was from (I'm assuming Pt. Mugu, because there's a whole crapload based there, and it's only about an hour and a half south of here) :)

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

On Wednesday afternoon, the Air Evac Lifeteam Bell 206 was coming into pick someone up at our local hospital ... It was literally about 40ft above us as we drove under it ...

It looks just like this one ...

AirEvacPhoto2009.jpg

(Not my Photo)

Good looking helos ...

They pass right over my home all the time too ... We live about a mile from the hospital ...

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

Today while at work I saw a gulfstream going down the taxiway at Epply Airfield in Omaha. Didn't catch it as fist since I saw it in my cars rearview mirror but when I turned around I saw that it had NASA markings on it.

M U R D E R ....

The CROW swooped down and swiped the quietly- eating -minding-his-own-business tiy little squirrel and took it away !! :crying2:

Could not stop it ...I was too late ... :explode:

Edited by HOLMES

Normally I only ever see Boeings fly over MY home....I was just sat in the room when the whole house began to shudder and things began to rattle..and thought something had passed over MY home that was falling down..BUT..

Instead I went out and saw CH-47 Chinook FLY right over ME...And another go the opposite way just now...Woo hoo.

OH WOW !!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by HOLMES

I actually saw a MD Helicopters MD-520N with the NOTAR arrangement. Really interesting, it had a very dark almost black paintjob and I couldn't make out the registration or even tell if it had one. First time I'd ever seen one in my local area (about 25-30 minutes outside Boston). As far as I can tell, none of the local police departments use the NOTAR version. The MA State Police use Eurocopter AS-355N Twinstars and a couple of Jet Rangers. Perhaps it was a civilian aircraft.

• 3 weeks later...

While this is based at Truax Field in Madison, in the three years I've been working in the area, I've only seen this one outside in the daytime twice. That's not to say it doesn't make more appearances during the day, I've just not seen it that much. This is an RC-26B used primarily for counter-drug operations. Nice to see something a little different now and then.

RC-26BatTruaxField.jpg

Justin

While this is based at Truax Field in Madison, in the three years I've been working in the area, I've only seen this one outside in the daytime twice. That's not to say it doesn't make more appearances during the day, I've just not seen it that much. This is an RC-26B used primarily for counter-drug operations. Nice to see something a little different now and then.

Justin

Its a regular static display aircraft at AirVenture, usually parked behind the Federal Exhibit building.

Two RAF marked Black Tucano's out at deer Valley Airport here in Phoenix. They seem to show up there a few times a month lately at a place that has 4 L-39 Albatross aircraft being rebuilt. Wonder what the deal is.

I drove by the airport on my way home from work, and the Blues are lined up on the ramp for this weekend's airshow. I expect the military statics (if there are any) to be arriving within the next day or so.

SN

The other day we had four F-16's flying over head for at least twenty minuts before finally landing at Offutt AFB. The past week an AH-64 and a UH-60 have been flying over and around Epply Airfield and today an OH-58 flew in as well.

I was coming home from work this afternoon, and my regular route takes me down a road that's right in line with the runway at the local airport. I heard a "whoosh," and looked up to see the Blue Angels diamond making a "down and dirty" pass just to my left at about 500'. I stopped where the road curves around the end of the runway and stood there with a dozen or so other airplane geeks and watched them practice for an hour or so..best closeup view I've ever gotten of the Blues. Naturally, I didn't have my camera.

SN