Nice pic Moose. I miss those old jets, both watching them come and go from Logan up here in Boston and flying in them. I remember as a kid hanging out at a good vantage point on hot, humid summer days and watching those 727's struggling to get airborne. Between the noise and the smoke, it was pretty cool stuff. Not the same today with all those clean, quiet 737's and Airbuses.

Didn't see it today and I have no photos but while I was catching some rays by the pool at our timeshare on 03 February I saw the Collings Foundation's B-17 and B-24 over the Gulf heading form Fort Myers to Naples last week. I heard the rumble of the engines though the ear buds that were playing some Joe Satriani from the eye-pod. Very impressive sight indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

National Airlines 757 at Charlotte today. I heard it's a charter for NASCAR crews heading to the Phoenix race this weekend.

JM_2014_02_28_N176CA_001-XL.jpg

Also caught N702UW, the latest US Airways A319 to get new AA colors.

JM_2014_02_28_N702UW_002-XL.jpg

JM_2014_02_28_N702UW_003-XL.jpg

Thanks, guys! No, Gregg, this National is not connected to the old National. They were bought by Pan Am in 1980 and the current airline began operations about 6 years later as a small cargo carrier. They have a couple of 747 freighters - it was one of their aircraft that went down at Bagram last year, and they have a pair of 757s in passenger configuration for charter work.

Nice photos from point cook.

Thanks. I'll give most of the credit to the RAAF, who ran the show really well. RAAF Williams lies at the end of a long, narrow road, but they put on heaps of public transport and nulled the traffic problems I was part of at the 75th anniversary show there in the late 80s. They arranged the displays such that no bottlenecks could build up pedestrian traffic and let everyone get good and close to the airframes. Lots of happy punters.

Many first sightings, for me: Tiger, MRH-90, Gloster Meteor on the wing (sounds like a car being pushed through the air) and the F-35 mock up. The F-18A landed on the 4500' runway, which I think is a fair effort. Got the kids a tour through the Catalina, too. A good time was had by all.

Nice shot of the P-3 with engine 4 shut down.

Though...I'd never loiter 4 for demo purposes...you just put yourself a generator down (#1 eng doesn't have one, unless AP-3Cs are wired differently.)

Nice shot of the P-3 with engine 4 shut down.

Though...I'd never loiter 4 for demo purposes...you just put yourself a generator down (#1 eng doesn't have one, unless AP-3Cs are wired differently.)

Thanks Andrew,

The day I ( Saturday ) went was really overcast so to good shots was trying to say the least.

Usually they would switch off No.1, for demo's seen it quite often done. so I really cant explain the reasoning for 4 being shutdown

Edited by Aussie_superbug