If you live in SoCal in or around Riverside County if you didn't see it you missed about a 10-12 min mini one plane airshow; the 144th FW introduced it's new mount to the area, as one of it's F-15's did some flying around, at one point it went into burners, there was no mistaking it, as the engine noise announced it's presence rather nicely, thanx to my great friend Holmes I had my binoculars handy and followed it quite a ways. What I gather from this is that they have moved the Vipers and now have the Eagles standing 5 min alert at the airbase. It was a grand sight as me an my #2 son watched it until it went BVR or RTB. Maybe someone knows who's nearer their home base, the tail flash on this bird appeared orange, and all the pix I've seen of 144th Eagles they have no flash at the tip of the verticals, a new paint job, loaner or what?.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Actually this was a few years ago when I was on vacation in Europe and went on a day trip to Switzerland. While I was on lake Luzern, I heard the sound of these two approaching which gave me a couple of seconds to pull out the camera and get a half decent shot of a duet that I had never seen flying before. Not a great shot however you can clearly make out the famous aircraft.

Luzern_651_Ju52_zpsbl3bkfor.jpg

From the sound I new it was something different... don't hear a Ju-52 flypast everyday... let alone two!

Cheers,

David :cheers:/>

If you live in SoCal in or around Riverside County if you didn't see it you missed about a 10-12 min mini one plane airshow; the 144th FW introduced it's new mount to the area, as one of it's F-15's did some flying around, at one point it went into burners, there was no mistaking it, as the engine noise announced it's presence rather nicely, thanx to my great friend Holmes I had my binoculars handy and followed it quite a ways. What I gather from this is that they have moved the Vipers and now have the Eagles standing 5 min alert at the airbase. It was a grand sight as me an my #2 son watched it until it went BVR or RTB. Maybe someone knows who's nearer their home base, the tail flash on this bird appeared orange, and all the pix I've seen of 144th Eagles they have no flash at the tip of the verticals, a new paint job, loaner or what?.

After discussing this event with a very reliable source here on ARC, I'm not so sure it was a Ca ANG bird, the one thing I am sure about is it was an Eagle, with Red/Orange flash on the vertical. If possible I'll get over by March ARB and see if I can get a pic or two of it, if it is still there.

Got to fuel this today. Took about 12,000 pounds. The guys were really nice they train here all the time but this was my first time refueling a Blue Angel.

I asked about getting a Patch but there were none on the plane to give out. They will have Personnel on static for our air show next weekend so I will get a patch then. we have a pretty big show this year so everyone be ware.

20150218_154021_zpsc7b13d7d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I really like those US Airways colours.

Enjoy them while you can, Dylan - almost all of them are going away. In fact, the two "American" jets in the post were US Airways jets that have been repainted.

Love the shots of the Mosquito!

Made a trip down to RAF Northolt last Thursday for their bi-annual Night Shoot event (the events raise money to help restore the No. 11 Group Ops Room at Northolt from the Battle of Britain). March 2015 also represents the 100th Anniversary of Northolt as a military airfield.

Regards,

John

Northolt is the home to 32 (The Royal) Sqn - the RAF's VIP fleet - who host the events on their pan.

ll4ks6H.jpg

Possibly the last public appearance of 32 Sqn's HS-125 fleet as it is about to be retired

qiiTp60.jpg

32 Sqn BAe 146 in white livery

pu31UUn.jpg

32 Sqn BAe 146 in the newer grey livery

zCfbqXr.jpg

SAR Sea King from 771 Naval Air Sqn

gcm5QNP.jpg

French Turbo Tracker with 30th Anniversary markings (30 years of Trackers operating with the Securite Civile)

BV7U4og.jpg

tLGJ7fl.jpg

Cessna C182 of the Belgian Federal Police

BFqh6uf.jpg

PC9 from the Irish Air Corps

KDtm7Wx.jpg

Hawk T1 from 736 Naval Air Sqn

aRuPGeF.jpg

Finally - an EC145 from the Metropolitan Police Air Support Unit dropped in briefly

V16GtMX.jpg

Here for training for another 2 weeks or so. They have been here for a month already. Even more impressive is the female pilot behind the controls. Not sure what the crews names are but stand up guys and gals.

20150218_1540211_zpskxbysuze.jpg

I was in Yuma when the crew was training in Ernie as a stand in for Fat Albert. It made my run to the civilian side of the airport a lot more interesting. :D

Spent a little time at the new hourly parking deck at CLT to catch some 36R departures.

JM_2015_02_27_D-AIKN_001-XL.jpg

Moose - what's the deal across the runway? Just noticed lots of interesting aircraft. Is that a museum? I go through CLT quite a bit, maybe I'll plan an extended layover and try to check it out.

Great pics BTW...

Yes, that's the Carolinas Aviation Museum. They have a nice facility - although I haven't been there since they did a major renovation a couple of years ago. Outside, as you can see, they have a DC-7 - that's the one out of Florida, it had been operating, and actually had an engine problem while at CLT. It's parked at the museum waiting funding for a new engine. They also have the final Delta (former NW) DC-9, a C-130 from the local guard unit, and various fighters. Inside, they have the US Airways A320 that went down in the Hudson River, along with a bunch of other aircraft.

Yes, that's the Carolinas Aviation Museum. They have a nice facility - although I haven't been there since they did a major renovation a couple of years ago. Outside, as you can see, they have a DC-7 - that's the one out of Florida, it had been operating, and actually had an engine problem while at CLT. It's parked at the museum waiting funding for a new engine. They also have the final Delta (former NW) DC-9, a C-130 from the local guard unit, and various fighters. Inside, they have the US Airways A320 that went down in the Hudson River, along with a bunch of other aircraft.

That's good to know. Next time I pass through, I'll try to bump my layover up to 4-5 hours so I can check it out. It'd be worth it just to see the DC-7! CLT was always one of my favorite airports, it just got bumped a bit higher on the list.

Thanks for the info.