Back stateside for the first time in two years, and had the opportunity to travel on a British Airways 787-9. I've read about the electronic dimming windows, but have always been skeptical on how well they work. These seem to be the second-gen windows because they have a much more purple-haze tint to them than the mint-green Ive always seen in photos. They worked pretty good.

IHGQP7.jpg

Took this shot during sunrise while the sun was pretty much level on the horizon and in position to shine directly into the right side windows.

9PPGMF.jpg

The front of the cabin is to the right of the photo:

mHPpQG.jpg

For the airliner modelers/collectors among us; 4 years onward from when this special scheme done for the 2012 London Olympics, aircraft availability over aesthetics is the order of the day:

Vwvwcb.jpg

rt79SV.jpg

I saw a tire change on a B-17! Yankee Lady has been at Republic Airport for the Jones Beach Air Show this past weekend, and this morning they found the left main had gone flat.

JM_2016_05_30_Jones_Beach_Air_Show_001-XL.jpg

Since a spare is too large and heavy to carry around, they had to have one flown in.

JM_2016_05_30_N695MA_002-XL.jpg

JM_2016_05_30_Jones_Beach_Air_Show_002-XL.jpg

JM_2016_05_30_Jones_Beach_Air_Show_003-XL.jpg

JM_2016_05_30_Jones_Beach_Air_Show_004-XL.jpg

JM_2016_05_30_Jones_Beach_Air_Show_005-XL.jpg

In the end, it didn't effect flight operations, as the weather cancelled their planned passenger flights.

• 2 weeks later...

Vacationing down in the Caribbean, and I spot this guy on the ramp of Grantley Adams Int. Airport in Barbados.

aDfrrR.jpg

USCG Aviation Centennial badge on the tail.

nCoY47.jpg

I saw another one of these birds crossing over the beach on extended final, so if I had gone back, there would of been two there. There is also a image of this same aircraft on the HC-130 wiki page.

Why would a South Korean helicopter be in CO??

No offence but did you bother to read the next 2 posts (#2306 and#2307) in the thread.........

LIAT - Leeward Islands Air Transport Service Dash-8 arrives at CLT. I've seen this on FlightAware a few times, but this is the first I've caught it.

JM_2016_06_14_V2-LGI_002-XL.jpg

Shortly after LIAT arrived, we had some nasty thunderstorms blow through - ramp was closed for nearly an hour because of lightning, we had heavy rains and gusty winds, and it caused a mess. At one point, they had over 40 arriving aircraft sitting on taxiways waiting for outbound flights to leave their gates.

JM_2016_06_14_CLT_Ramp_002-XL.jpg

JM_2016_06_14_CLT_Ramp_005-XL.jpg

Line of arriving planes waiting to get to the terminal.

JM_2016_06_14_CLT_Ramp_004-XL.jpg

This was after the worst of it passed through.

JM_2016_06_14_CLT_Ramp_003-XL.jpg