I took this of "my" 50 down in Palm Beach.

I'm curious how you rate the 3-engined Falcons compared to the twin-engined Gulfstreams and Canuck competetion? It seems that a three engined biz jet is a bit of an anachronism but they keep getting built. Just wondering...

Nice pic by the way.

John

I'm a bit biased, but I'd take a Falcon product over any competition, especially the 50/900. Believe it or not, the fuel burns for the 50 isn't too much higher than a 20, especially this one as it has the EX conversion which makes it even more efficient. Heck, last week I went from San Jose to NYC and landed with over 2 hours of gas on board. That was flying at mach .84 at 40,000'. If we went to the service ceiling of 49,000' and slowed down to long range cruise speed we probably could have landed with 3 hours of gas. The greatest part of all is reliability. Lost an engine? Oh well, still have 2. Where that really helps is coming out of somewhere like Aspen in the summer. Climb requirements become a non-factor compared to a twin engine jet. And, they look way better too.

Everyone I've talked to who has flown Falcons then others (Gulfstream/Challengers/etc...) has emphatically stated that Dassault makes the best biz jets hands down. Coffin corner, Dassault says "What's that?" If you guys want to see why Falcons are just better, watch and enjoy

Edited by falcon20driver

I'm a bit biased, but I'd take a Falcon product over any competition, especially the 50/900. Believe it or not, the fuel burns for the 50 isn't too much higher than a 20, especially this one as it has the EX conversion which makes it even more efficient. Heck, last week I went from San Jose to NYC and landed with over 2 hours of gas on board. That was flying at mach .84 at 40,000'. If we went to the service ceiling of 49,000' and slowed down to long range cruise speed we probably could have landed with 3 hours of gas. The greatest part of all is reliability. Lost an engine? Oh well, still have 2. Where that really helps is coming out of somewhere like Aspen in the summer. Climb requirements become a non-factor compared to a twin engine jet. And, they look way better too.

Everyone I've talked to who has flown Falcons then others (Gulfstream/Challengers/etc...) has emphatically stated that Dassault makes the best biz jets hands down. Coffin corner, Dassault says "What's that?" If you guys want to see why Falcons are just better, watch and enjoy

I have always loved the look of the 50. Hands down the one bizjet I would love to own. Nothing else screams "gottahavit"

Sean

MASkargo (don't ask me why they spell cargo with a K) A330-223F arrived into Adelaide last night June 20 2016. First time the freighter version of the A330 has come here.

Departed early this morning June 21 2016. A very early start and the aircraft departed before it's scheduled departure time, so was caught by surprise, so didn't have the camera set up properly.

27711213442_b1bea722f3_b.jpgMASkargoA330-223F-9M-MUB-4 by Ryan Hothersall, on Flickr

World Atlantic Airlines is a charter operator out of MIA - I had to look that up, I had not heard of them before seeing their MD-82 at CLT on Friday. They were flying a charter to Guatamala.

JM_2016_06_24_N803WA_003-XL.jpg

JM_2016_06_24_N803WA_002-XL.jpg

Swift Air has been flying weekly charter flights recently.

JM_2016_06_24_N801TJ_001-XL.jpg

AeroMexico is also flying a weekly charter this summer.

JM_2016_06_24_N997AM_001-XL.jpg

JM_2016_06_24_N997AM_003-XL.jpg

JM_2016_06_24_N997AM_004-XL.jpg

A hot day and 36 departures helps with skyline shots.

JM_2016_06_24_N236JB_001-XL.jpg

A few night shots from the hourly deck.

JM_2016_06_24_N564NN_001-XL.jpg

JM_2016_06_24_N218PS_001-XL.jpg

JM_2016_06_24_N723UW_001-XL.jpg

As I normally do when I fly out of DFW, I take a trip on the people mover to see whats on the ramp, and there were two of the American retro-schemed 737s.

Qk04pQ.jpg

I flew on this bird a few weeks ago from Orlando to Miami.

8ziku1.jpg

A few interesting things from CLT today:

Charlotte Mecklenburg Police (CMPD) has their aviation unit at the airport, but I've never caught them. Today, one of their helicopters launched, crossed the runways at the south end of the field, then headed north overflying the Overlook - it's backlit, but I finally got one.

JM_2016_06_25_N407PD_001-XL.jpg

Elite Airways, a charter operator. I've caught this frame at RDU as well.

JM_2016_06_25_N91EA_001-XL.jpg

Grumman Gulfstream II, serial number 1 - the first G-II built by Grumman in 1966. It served as a test and demonstration aircraft for Grumman until 1970, when it was sold to Robert Galvin, CEO of Motorola (and son of the company's founder). Galvin and his family used it until 2012, when it was retired and flown to the Carolinas Aviation Museum at CLT for display.

JM_2016_06_25_N55RG_001-XL.jpg

Sikorsky S-58JT owned by Midwest Helicopters, who provide heavy lift services with it - it was built in 1958, and is still in use.

JM_2016_06_25_N129NH_001-XL.jpg

Well, this is starting to get to be routine. ;-) We had another CAVOK An-12 arrive early this morning, UR-CKL this time. Both are on the ramp together, but I wasn't in a spot to get them in the same shot.

JM_2016_06_29_An-124_UR-CKL_004-XL.jpg

No, UR-CNN.

Sorry if I caused confusion, my "CLT" reference wasn't to the registration, it was to Charlotte/Douglas Airport, KCLT.

Edited by Moose135