• 3 weeks later...

Just had the Thunderbirds fly over heading from AC to NY.  They are doing an air show down in AC but there is something going on at the Statue of Liberty.

Blue Angles, F-35 demo team and I think someone else is doing fly overs at the Statue also today.

Edited by Spectre711
1 hour ago, Spectre711 said:

Just had the Thunderbirds fly over heading from AC to NY.  They are doing an air show down in AC but there is something going on at the Statue of Liberty.

Blue Angles, F-35 demo team and I think someone else is doing fly overs at the Statue also today.

There's going to be a flypast at the Statue Of Liberty with the F-35 demo team, Blue Angels, Thunderbirds and the RAF Red Arrows.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7383583/Air-Force-Thunderbirds-join-Red-Arrows-aerial-parade-New-York-City.html 

Edited by Stephen
  • 3 weeks later...

Family went to the St Louis Air Show yesterday, great time!

All flying:

B-17, Supermarine Spitfire, P-51C, F4U Corsair, B-25, B-26

Matt Yonkin

EA-18G X 2

MC-130J

Aero Shell Texans

F-22

Boeing T-X (1st ever airshow appearance)

Red Arrows

Blue Angels

-Gregg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Just had a flight of four F/A-18 Super Hornets in diamond formation fly extremely low right over my kids and I while outside in downtown Austin. That was so epic and got them way excited!

That was the flyover for the F1 race at COTA. 

• 3 weeks later...

i don't know if this really counts for inclusion in this thread, but I watched the documentary "Spitfire, The Plane that Saved the World" for maybe the third or fourth time.  I love watching almost all airplane related documentaries, but I have to say that this particular documentary is very, very moving, and it beautifully crafted, both in terms of spectacularly beautiful visual images, and in how they interwove the interviews with WWII Spitfire pilots and so much more.  If you've not seen this documentary, PLEASE do yourself a favor and see it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread. I recently got into photography, especially aviation photography.  I went to RDU over the weekend and practiced my skills.  Nothing too crazy airplane-wise as RDU is a smaller airport but growing fast.  Please excuse my lack of photography skills.  Here are a few of the "better" shots I took.  

CDGmFlqh.jpg

ntvgnf0h.jpg

5TR4EhUh.jpg

ierNQssh.jpg

6IZk1zNh.jpg

LzVMVkch.jpg

LxJvUKah.jpg

Brent, beautiful work.  I am on the approach path to a major airport.  I usually take a few seconds when swimming in my pool to stop and wave at the airliners landing. You never know, someone sitting in the window seat may want to buy my house one day.