6am on Wednesday, saw M-60 tank (looked in good shape and battle ready) on a trailer platform under the I-66 overpass at Capital Beltway. That was one time I allowed myself to rubberneck.

Edited by Zmey Smirnoff

Got to see Fryar DZ for the first time in 23 years from the front end of a C-130! The last time I saw it was in 1985 under the canopy of a T-10B when I went to jump school in 43rd Company! I handed my camera to our extra pilot to take some pics of "anything" as I told him. He's a better pilot then a photographer but here are a couple of the best he could do!

100_4582.jpg

100_4576.jpg

Maybe I'll get a chance to get some better ones before we head back home!

Mark

I was really surprised on my drive to the beach yesterday, when I saw what looked like an airliner flying at pretty low altitude. Then as it got closer, I realized it was all gray, and was a 707-type, but didn't have the fat engines of a KC-135. As I watched a little longer, I was surprised to see an E-8 JSTARS aircraft flying over New England. It must have been doing something out of Pease, but it was still a rare sight around here.

Well, let me see...I saw several UAX CRJ 200's, An American Eagle ERJ-145, a gaggle of King Airs, a flock of Cessnas and Beechs, and even a Dauphine Rescue Chopper...My house is right on the approach for the airport.

I work for an airplane manufacturer here in Savannah that shares an airport with the 165th Airlift Wing. Everyday's an airshow. It's also nice to see the Chinooks, Apache's & Blackhawks fly over on their way to Hunter. The absolute coolest thing I've ever seen in my 3 years of living in Georgia (aside from the B1B that flew over my house) was seeing that NASA modified F-15 with the Quiet Spike attached. Completely Impressive!

Had a Herc buzz over the house today, almost felt like I cold reach up and touch it...we're talking LOW ;). Second -130 that's been around here in the past week. I almost didn't even bother running outside to see it because I could tell what it was just by the sound.

Had a Herc buzz over the house today, almost felt like I cold reach up and touch it...we're talking LOW :thumbsup:. Second -130 that's been around here in the past week. I almost didn't even bother running outside to see it because I could tell what it was just by the sound.

Yeah, I was at the golf course with my dad when it flew over. :thumbsup:

Edited by Super Hornet 88

Slow day spotting at YOW but it was worth it

Harvard from VWoC

Airp%2003%2008%20156.jpg

Sikorsky S-76 Air Ambulance

Airp%2003%2008%20163.jpg

My first sighting of Zoom's "City of Montreal" B757-200 Airp%2003%2008%20171.jpg

Top Aces 2 Alpha Jet C-GOTA

Airp%2003%2008%20181.jpg

Wayne

YOW Airport Watch