Didn't get a chance to post it yesterday, but I saw 2 CH-46 Sea Knights hugging the coast along Santa Barbara on my way to LAX to take my uncle and aunt to the airport. Couldn't have been any higher than 400-500 ft. off the deck. Talk about totally unexpected.

OK, so this was last week, I'm a little slow with all this heat. :doh:

VX-1 P-3 Orion out of Pax River dropped in to shoot a few landings at Republic Airport (KFRG).

332558724_o4zW6-M.jpg

332559564_dxboD-M.jpg

They stopped by shortly after the Kalitta horse hauler departed:

332541675_p8xBd-M.jpg

332542097_f2B2g-M.jpg

Watched a Indiana State Police Jetranger buzz the house several times checking out damage caused by Monday nights/Tuesdays morning storms,given the damage we received in our part of the county I believe it was a tornado and not straight line winds,most trees looked like they exploded rather than just getting knocked over.We are still without power and it won't be restored for at least a day or so due to the damage.

Edited by ThePhantomTwo

Two Wyoming ANG C-130s in fairly close trail formation doing a low level over Fort Collins and Loveland, CO. I headed over to the Fort Collins-Loveland Airport (FNL) just in time to see them do a high speed (:worship:) fly-by down the main runway before they headed back towards Cheyenne.

Edited by David Walker

A C-130 (ooohhh...exciting <_<) visited today. I was inside the house and heard it. Didn't even have to go outside and look up...I already knew what it was. Went to town a couple hours later and saw it on final into Vandenberg.

Here's a GIF made up of the shots I took today of (what I'm assuming is) the newest C-5 to get the C-5M upgrades (tail#60013). It was making circuits in the pattern this morning at Dobbins.

SuperGalaxy.gif

:cheers:

I was cleaning out the car yesterday to make room for all the kits I plan to lug home from the Nats, when a couple of the local Steely-Eyed Defenders Of Freedom flew by..AKA a pair of A-10s from the 101th. The did their neat airshow break for landing, then came right over the house on downwind. Man, those Hogs are Uber-Cool. Too bad we're losing them next year (they're being replaced with <yawn> C-21s.)

SN

All I had handy was my little point-n-shoot, but I snapped a couple of pics anyway.

08-02-08002a.jpg

08-02-08003a.jpg

got back from wales yesterday, on Thursday coming back from Conway an RAF Herc came in real low, on Friday two Hawks from RAF valley same day heard but didn't' see it a Tonka can't mistake that roar overhead.

Andy :)

Heard what sounded like a CF-18 take off from Waterloo-Wellington, saw a Hornet shaped speck in the sky as the noise lowered going in the wrong direction. Dang I like living near the airport, normally the landing (which is pretty quiet) goes right in front of my house.

I saw a CH-47 from the MT Army National Guard today. I have seen several fire bombers over the last few days. I have seen P-3's, P-2's and several helicopters. Busy fire season.

Today (8-4-08) I saw two CH-47's and a C-130. I later heard that Vice President Cheney was in town. Guess he is going on a fishing trip in the area.

Joel

Edited by Tiger15

While kayaking yesterday afternoon I saw two AH-64D Longbows departing the from the local airport & heading W. Flight lead was a radar bird and two was a flat top.

Edited by Trigger