Yesterday, I caught a Hawkeye zipping over the house around lunchtime. Was sitting at the table chowing down on some Chinese food and heard it. Could tell right away by the sound what it was, but ran out of the house like a maniac anyway :cheers:...

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

I didn't see them today but Monday I was at the RAF Museum in Cosford and saw the Vulcan, Victor, Valiant, Lightning, Sabre4, TSR.2, an Me410, Meteor, Canberra, Avro York, Avro Lincoln and many other aircraft in the collection. I have some photos but I can't download them until I get back to my main computer that is sitting on the desk in our office.

HOLMES took the opportunity come meet me and we spent a great day together, even giving a cursory glance to some of the museums in nearby Telford. Ok...so we just drove by the sights in Telford because we couldn't find a place to park without breaking the law!

Thanks for making the trek down to Cosford and making Monday such an enjoyable day, HOLMES! :thumbsup:

Well, I saw something very worrying on Friday. A certain Air New Zeland plane took off from Auckland and quickly returned due to the cargo door flying open in mid flight at about 200ft unpressurised. I arrived in work on Monday, only to find that the same aircraft was in the hanger with managers and engineers (including myself) pouring over the damage. Thankfully no one was hurt and the plane did land safely and investigations immediatley started and are on going as far as I am aware. Minimal damaged occured which included a bent tail fairing, slight dent in cargo door and slight twist in one stringer but is within limits and is due to fly tomorrow. I'm not gonna go into details as to what lead the door to open or who is responsible as it is not my place to pass judgement as an employee.

Do the searches and you will find it!!

No pics sadly, but yesterday was quite busy;

RAF C-130 (J?) flying very low elongated circuits, I'd guess 150ft altitude

2 x F-15's engaged in mock dogfighting

2 x RAF Tornado's at about 100ft over the sea

RAF SAR Seaking almost level with my 3rd floor window and about 200m away

Edited by MattC
  • 2 weeks later...
Joe, nice seeing ya posting here again ... :jaw-dropping:

I like that shot of the F-35B ...

Thanks for sharing it ...

Gregg

Here's some more since they were nice enough to let me prowl around with it:

5L7P4625.jpg

5L7P4592.jpg

5L7P4611.jpg

5L7P4610.jpg

Hj Photos

While doing the Airport Watch thing this morning saw a Griffin waiting for takeoff clearance on runway 25?

Apr%2010%20514.jpg

Then Hawk One did a few touch and gos getting ready for this summer

Apr%2010%20562.jpg

Apr%2010%20574.jpg

Only thing missing was the sun

Well I saw something,nothing to do with modeling, two bags of garbage all over my backyard and the neighbors from the Damn bear. I think the M-14 will get some real target practice in the next couple days, a 30 round clip of FMJ rounds should do the trick :jaw-dropping:

While doing the Airport Watch thing this morning saw a Griffin waiting for takeoff clearance on runway 25?

Apr%2010%20514.jpg

Then Hawk One did a few touch and gos getting ready for this summer

Apr%2010%20562.jpg

Apr%2010%20574.jpg

Only thing missing was the sun

wow..didn't take you long to get these up. I just say that f-86 a few hours ago form my balcony!!!! nice shot of the griffon and porter together.

Sean

The Thunderbirds, and a Heritage flight of a C-47, C-130, and C-17 practicing for tomorrows Big Country Airfest at Dyess AFB. Unedited photos below! Hopefully my son the photographer will get some better shots tomorrow!

Mark

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

A few of the static displays already on display at Dyess for tomorrow. These are probably the best shots I'll get as the weather is expected to be crappy.

And DOG GONE IT!! As I am typing this a B-25 just flew by the house! By the time I got the camera, it was pretty far off. I'll try tomorrow!

Mark

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

Oh well, here's what I got of the B-25. Yes, it's the little dot in the background! :tease: So sue me!

IMG_3947.jpg

A big smoky jet - with a boom pod in the back! Now that's what I'm talkin' about...

Iranian government 707, arrived at JFK this afternoon, carrying President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to a UN conference in New York

854767753_PGSD2-L.jpg

854767845_KZ6i4-L.jpg

854768079_NCobR-L.jpg

Saw a Ju-52 flying over the town of Leer, just across the border in Germany. Was nice to see that old bird in the sky, might actually be the oldest flying airplane I have ever seen as it was constructed in 1936.

A big smoky jet - with a boom pod in the back! Now that's what I'm talkin' about...

Nice photos Moose! Ah, one of the Evil Empire leaders flying good ol' Yankee technology! Gotta love it!

Mark