Anyone going to the Dyess airfeast?!?!?! Supposedly there is going to be a B-1B with a WA tailcode!!!!!! WA!!! Nice.....

Well, the Big Country Airfest at Dyess was yesterday, and yes, I was there. The feast (food vendors) were overpriced as usual for airshows! :thumbsup:

Oh, were you talking about this B-1? These were the only shots I got of her.

Enjoy!!

Mark

IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Please forgive me, this wasn't from today, in fact, it's almost two weeks old, but life has been crazy lately, and I figure it's never too late to look at pictures of a classic old 707. Seen arriving at JFK on Sunday, May 2:

854768079_NCobR-L.jpg

Howdy all.

A couple of quick shots taken the other day at Toowoomba Airport, QLD AUSTRALIA.

I was trying to do a bit of fancy pants atmospheric photography!

Fiat G59b. Stunningly beautiful machine. Being put away after a sortie.

DSCF0011.jpg

Stearman and T-28

DSCF0010.jpg

Cheers

Denzil

No photos but I saw a Harvard land and then take off at the Ottawa International Airport while I was there on a workplace injury incident on Thursday morning around 0900 hrs. I imagined the place 70 years ago, when CFB Uplands was a going concern, that there would be many. many Harvards and other types of aircraft taking off, landing and flying around the place. What a sight - and sound! - that must have been.

I saw a BOEING 747 fly over MOMS home this morning and I saw the tail was colored solid red as was the side but I could not make out which livery it was.

Then saw a Cessna 125n fly over as someone was having a lesson.

and finally an EMIRATES Airliner....

;) :coolio:

Edited by HOLMES
Holmes, the 747 sounds like it may have been a Virgin Atlantic one ... ;)

Always nice seeing them in the air ...

Gregg

you could be right as the red was solid on the tail and on the side..I just could not read the writing..so you may be so right, thank you.

They all shone very brightly ...silvery ,in the blue skies so it was a tad difficult to see their livery properly...

I was passing by the local airport on my way home from work this morning when I noticed the familiar silhouette of an F-18 in the morning fog parked behind the FBO. I pulled into the parking lot for a closer look, and it was painted up like an Su-37, with two-tone blue camo and white nose and tail tips (I think it may have had Russian stars on the tails, but it was hard to tell at that distance.) Naturally I didn't have a camera. I went back by in the evening while we were going to dinner, but the plane was gone. A guy at the FBO said the pilot had flown in yesterday to visit relatives, and flew out this morning.

SN

This afternoon at Epply Airfield in Omaha, Nebraska I saw five F/A-18s take off the north end of the field. four of them were in the standard grey markings the fourth however was painted in the blue camo of one of the aggressor birds with a white radome. They took off in two seperate flights . First up were the three grey aircraft and they each took off in single elements. As they got over downtown Omaha they broke left and climbed for the sky heading southeast. The next element had the final two with one grey and the other in the blue camo. Then a half hour after that an Army UH-60 left the airport heading to the Southwest.

On Weds this week two F-15s landed at Offutt AFB with one tail marked MO and the other only had the tail numbers and no unit markings. Kind of wierd to see an F-15 with out a unit marking on it.

Well, the Big Country Airfest at Dyess was yesterday, and yes, I was there. The feast (food vendors) were overpriced as usual for airshows! :blink:

Oh, were you talking about this B-1? These were the only shots I got of her.

Enjoy!!

Mark

IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

Been a while since I checked into this thread, so I'm just coming across this. That nose art is awesome! One question, though...why wouldn't they just put one of the Dyess birds on static?

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

I saw what I think was an S-92 just outside KBHM/Birmingham AL. Flew almost directly overhead, so I couldn't get a good side profile of it to positively ID it, but it is the only thing that it looked like to me. Usually there is a S-76 in and out of KBHM, maybe just maybe the S-92 is gonna hang around. Dark paintjob on it, looked interesting.

Been a while since I checked into this thread, so I'm just coming across this. That nose art is awesome! One question, though...why wouldn't they just put one of the Dyess birds on static?

They did. They had both on display.

Mark

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

A day late on this one. Saw a Cuban-marked IL-18 holding short while we landed at Port-au-Prince, Haiti yesterday. Not the best photo as we were slowing as I took it, and it was just a crappy day for pics down there.

Mark

IMG_5131a.jpg

I saw a Cessna 125, Robin and AVRO LANCASTER ..

One of the local Business men owns a LANCASTER and when he holds the theme days at his Business he always has the Avro LANCASTER fly over so that was an unexpectd treat....

I think he was holding some sort of a gala for the Memorial Day ....

Sorry I dod not tale any photos...

Didn't see it today but saw it on Sunday afternoon while Mr. Netanyahu was in Ottawa - his El Al 767. Also, parked in the parking lot of The Keg restaurant, near the airport, on Sunday afternoon, was a semi trailer with photos of the F-18 E/F Super Hornet on the driver's side and the F-18 G Growler on the passenger side. Unfortunately, no photos. Sorry.

Another late one. I tried to upload it the same time as the IL-18 above, but Photobucket was being persnickety. (Or, it was the hotel's free wireless!) It's one of my favorite shots from a bunch I took at MIA during a fuel stop on Saturday. Certainly not airliners.net worthy, but I like it, and not bad for a shot taken through the window of a taxing C-130!

Mark

IMG_5284.jpg

Edited by F106A