Everything is quiet here today on the Virginia peninsula but yesterday, while on a water stop during my lunch time bicycle ride, I was 2-3 miles off the east end of the Langley AFB runway and watched 4 F-22s, 2 f-16s and 2 all black t-38s on approach. Later in the day, I saw an E-2C doing touch and go at Newport News/Williamsburg airport and caught a glimpse of ATAC's derelict Draken sitting in it's usual spot next to a hangar.

It's air show time, and this Prowler was an unexpected addition. We were told that since we have a recently-retired Prowler on display, the Navy was going to send a couple of Growlers, but no Prowler. This showed up, the Growlers have yet to arrive, supposedly due to the weather...

JM20120525Jonesbeach001-XL.jpg

It's air show time, and this Prowler was an unexpected addition. We were told that since we have a recently-retired Prowler on display, the Navy was going to send a couple of Growlers, but no Prowler. This showed up, the Growlers have yet to arrive, supposedly due to the weather...

JM20120525Jonesbeach001-XL.jpg

Awesome shot...love a good prowler

Was out photographing a 7 on 7 (American) Football tournament today at a high school and got buzzed by a pair of Seahawks. They were somewhat distant, but I was able to grab a quick (kinda blurry) shot of one of them which I will post later. Very rare sight around here...possibly on their way going to or coming back from a Memorial Day flyover somewhere.

Those two specks are AH-64A's (old pos ones), range control in front of us, with another truck on the tank trail all headed to the same objective. Objective may or may not have been a BBQ.....

IMG_0706.jpg

phantom,,

WOW !!! Those are WAY too cool..thanks for showing them..All I saw was a Eurocopter chasing a smaller Helicopter..No idea what was going on !

Is that FAT ALBERT or ERNIE? I cannot tell... :rolleyes:

That herc is one of our new J models out of CFB Trenton.

Airshow at Waterloo regional airport. Very small airshow, just Canadian stuff but considering how small our air force is it was not too bad.

Edited by phantom

not really what i saw today..but a selection from the past month or so.

Mexican Air Force 727

001.jpg

Luftwaffe A-310

001.jpg

1 of 2 Blackwater CASA 212 that transited through

001.jpg

an Emirates A380 that diverted due to low fuel

005.jpg

and my favorite...a Mock-up of an RQ-4 set up for the Security and Defence trade show..they were trying to sell them to the Government..hence the fake Canadian markings.

001.jpg

Sean

Just had what looked like a C-47 fly over with D-day stripes on it. It was flying low and directly overhead but I could see that it had nose art on it. Kind of surprised to see it as we have been having some big thunder storms rolling through. Wish I had a camera with me.

I'm not sure about our bird - she should have been there by Friday, but with the air show last weekend, the last thing I wanted to do was hang around the museum, especially with most of the guys on the road to Reading, so I don't know if there were any delays.

I saw an AV-8B harrier doing a Demo flight today. It scared the crap out of me because the wheels were only about 15 foot off deck and he made a hard left bank. I thought that thing was going to crash. Then when he returned from the Hover demo I refueled it in our Hot Pits. Very cool to say the least. Wish I had my camcorder.