Yesterday Canadair Water bombers climbing out on their way to a forest fire about 15 km from my house,also a big helicopter with a water bucket slung. The Fire is close to Algonquin Park in the Ottawa Valley,Ontario.

Mark

Cayman Islands...

That's just a flag of convenience. It's actually owned by Mid East Jet, a private operation out of Saudi Arabia, which does premium charter work. I see this airplane almost every year during UN week in NYC, flying high-end Middle Eastern VIPs to the General Assembly meetings.

Edited by Moose135

That's just a flag of convenience. It's actually owned by Mid East Jet, a private operation out of Saudi Arabia, which does premium charter work. I see this airplane almost every year during UN week in NYC, flying high-end Middle Eastern VIPs to the General Assembly meetings.

LOL... then on second thought... I dont want to be adopted. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The NASCAR Air Force started arriving at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport on Thursday in advance of this weekend's Pennsylvania 400 at Pocono Raceway.

Joe Gibbs Racing Canadair Challenger for driver Denny Hamlin

JM20120802N400DH003-L.jpg

Furniture Row Racing's Challenger

JM20120802N601FR001-L.jpg

JM20120802N601FR002-L.jpg

Juan Pablo Montoya's Lear 60

JM20120802N42JP001-L.jpg

Hendrick Motorsports Saab 2000

JM20120802N509RH001-L.jpg

Well actually it was last week,and I could not get any pics, but while on holiday, saw several TORNADOS flying low level over the Bristol Channel

And over the Gower Peninsula in Wales.

And 3 aircrafts flying in formation over a place calledPorthcawl but not sure what they were,! :thumbsup:

Edited by HOLMES

I did some planespotting at EBBR yesterday and was surprised to see a RAF VC-10 land there. Man, that thing is loud.

304525_3034470799829_413368434_n.jpg

Other than that it was a great day for spotting:

7x Airbus A330 (my number two favorite airliner)

4x Boeing 767 (De Delta airlines 767's with winglets look much better than the 'regular' one.)

1x Boeing 777 (one big *ss plane. Had to zoom out quite a bit to get it in frame. BTW, the united 777 was in the old continental colors with united titles. ***? )

1x Airbus A310 (my favorite airliner)

1x Embraer E175 (Look

1x Embraer E195

1x A319 British airways 'Dove' -sheme. (had to make a go around because a Brussels Airlines A330 was stopped on the runway after spotting a animal on the runway and not starting its take off)

For a trip to Brussels Airport, not bad.

Edited by streetstream

On Sunday, as my band was setting up for an outdoor gig, five Harvard trainers flew over in formation at about 1000'. It was an awesome moment. :cheers: Must have been on their way home from Thunder Over Michigan.

Yesterday I saw a Blackhawk helo buzzing around here...not sure what they were up to. Very rare for this area...maybe stopping by Vandenberg for gas or something. Today, I saw the C-40 Clipper, which has become a regular sight around here as of late, shooting more touch-n-goes out at the base.

While at Green Timbers park photographing feathered flying objects. I witnessed these flying in formation practicing for tomorrow's Abbotsford International Airshow. Looks like Grumpy (the B-25) is in the lead.

08-02-2012_GTP_Abby_Practice_Sighting_wm.jpg

Also saw one of these bound for YVR.

08-02-2012_GTP_WestJetB737_rs.jpg

Wish I could make it to the Airshow, but other obligations preclude me from going this year. I'm hoping though for next year when I have a vehicle. Saw a few other aluminum birds coming home, but I was pushin' my daughter's stroller and didn't want to let go of it to take any more aircraft pictures. Sorry.

Edited by The_Animal
  • 1 month later...

Excellent array of photos gentlemen of the windy things that you have all seen in the skies.

Really SUPERB photos .. :jaw-dropping:

We have had and still have some real heavy rains over here with high gusty winds , so since Saturday when the weather was glorious, seen nothing flying over MY home or anywhere around .. :crying2:

....could be the tremendously bad weather that may be delaying the flights.?

Haven't been to the airport in a while...Seeing United's planes in Continental colors after the merger of 2010...well...that kinda threw (through??? - really??? I can spell better than that...) me for a loop. :jaw-dropping:

09-24-2012_YVR_United_A319_N822UA-shot2_wm.jpg

United N822UA (Airbus A319-131) final Runway 26R, YVR

Edited by The_Animal

Working on my fence the other day I had this happen...

Ok don't know how to embed.

http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h423/bigasshammm/?action=view&current=644227E4-D3D8-46E3-B6C5-1796D648ADFB-4697-00000766883C37A6.mp4

They're really tiny but they were Blackhawks.

Edited by Bigasshammm

I had seen two Raptors yesterday that were scrambled to intercept two private planes that entered restricted air space without permission. Wide restrictions were put in place because of all that was going on in NY at the UN building. I wasn’t quick enough to get a shot with the camera.