LOL I saw the Customs and Boarder patrol helicopter almost take a guys head off on a dirt bike yesterday. It was funny the guy wasn't wearing a helmet and was out in the desert with me when out of nowhere this Copter came in really low and crop dusted they guy. He almost went down but didn't thank god. Scared the crap out of the guy though. I told him next time he should wear his helmet to avoid being a target.

Awesome shots Dylan!! love the 748!! see I don't get such big jets here, well not often anyway, and none that I've had the pleasure of seeing! I know on occasion that some cargo 747's stop by but never when I'm around lol

thanks Tdogg

that 748 is a PRIVATE plane for a rich family in the middle east. they bring it to canada before delivery to get around a tax loophole. it was on its way to england to have the interior installed, according to the rampie I was talking to.

we are lucky to have Cathay cargo fly through here 3 times a week with thiers.

DSC_7906.jpg

DSC_7910.jpg

I have a bunch of good walkaround shots of the -8 here

yeah I figured as much due to the lack of markings, kinda makes me sick the fact that these folks cruise around in such big jets, kinda makes you wonder if they're compensating for something???? Nice walkaround, love the Hong Kong trader scheme looks pretty sharp though I'm a little partial to the silver bullet they had think it was a -400?

Didn't get to see much today, saw the 767 from LHR as usual but the wind wasn't working in my favour, they were using runway 14 which has no good viewing point for us spotters unless we park on the side of the highway or trespass, neither of which I was willing to do with my 2year old daughter....needless to say there was a USMC KC-130 parked across from my usual parking spot and a surprise guest from the Luftwaffe

IMG_3045_zps8b8f3c18.jpg

IMG_3053_zps40780b61.jpg

IMG_3054_zpsfe7d1965.jpg

That's all for now folks, and Happy holidays or whatever ya want to say(seems holidays is becoming a 4 letter word for some folks)

great captures on the last batch. Tdogg

if I can make a suggestion, you are getting some nasty purple colour fringing in the alphajet shots. this is caused by shooting with a large aperture, if possible try to stop down a few steps.

even at F7.1 the contrast between the reflected sunlight and the rest of the jet is too much. I would love to have a nice sunny day to shoot some aorplanes around here.

cheers

Dylan

Thanks, I'm still a little new to dslr photography so every bit helps. we've been blessed on the east coast with some nice weather up to this point, though most of those edited shots are from October we're still having some really mild weather and dare I say it no real snow yet to speak of though I know that will change in the coming weeks/months.

Went nose to nose with an F-18 on the way out to Oakland the other night. He lit the burners right before he passed outside my cockpit window, and it was AWESOME!! :woot.gif: I've been trying to figure out how to get afterburners on the Falcon every since. No luck so far.

Yup some more lol, sorry they turned out so dark was only a quick visit to the airport this morning and didn't mess around enough with the settings to get them right.

Top Aces were back again so a couple alpha shots

IMG_3063-1_zps8c22c8e3.jpg

IMG_3069-1_zps1b74b96e.jpg

A westjet 737

IMG_3071-1_zps8ebb8a8d.jpg

And a CP-140 doing engine run ups

IMG_3072-1_zpse35ac4ef.jpg

I'm planning on going again tomorrow as it's rumored that a 747 will be in town so I'm hoping to catch him, either way expect a few more shots from yours truly lol.

Cheers!

YAY!!!!! Finally caught the queen of the skies!!!!! This orange beauty arrived this afternoon from Belgium and as I'm typing this is on her way back to Liege. Also shot a classic 727, and an air ambulance at work(warning lots of pics, but with a subject like this can you blame me?)

IMG_3074_zpscf27c9a9.jpg

IMG_3075_zps51d5b4bf.jpg

IMG_3080_zps8c1e8f82.jpg

IMG_3081_zps33724002.jpg

IMG_3086_zps5eade3ed.jpg

IMG_3088_zps1ba4c3d4.jpg

IMG_3095_zpsd27248f3.jpg

IMG_3097_zpsbd3a2403.jpg

IMG_3100_zps37ac4baf.jpg

What a beast!!! Love it!!!

IMG_3102_zps1528b77b.jpg

Thanks Dylan, I was pretty excited to see her. I've seen them before at the bigger airports I've visited in the past, Heathrow, Frankfurt, Boston, Toronto, etc... but around here they're a bit more rare, especially in the daytime. The king air landed while I was waiting for the 727 to take off, as I was checking the pics I took, I looked up as he was parked right across from me and noticed the ambulance next to him as they unloaded the patient and thought to myself 'hey that's a cool scene' glad I could re-unite you with her through photos. Cheers!

About an hour ago an all white 747 on final to Charleston AFB/IAP flew over where I worked. I couldn't see any name or logo but it did have two red strips running from the vertical tail & along the fuselage side.

That would have been a Kalitta 747-400 Here's one going into JFK over the summer:

JM_2012_07_14_N745CK_001-XL.jpg

I was out for a little bit of spotting at KCLT - Charlotte/Douglas Airport this afternoon as the sun poked its head in and out of the clouds. After a while, we noticed a number of ARFF vehicles heading down to the approach end of Rwy 36C. Since I had been using my scanner to store dead batteries, I didn't have it on, but was able to pick up bits and pieces of the conversation between tower and the flight. It was a Delta A320 out of Atlanta, which had declared an emergency. They made a normal landing, taxied clear of the active onto the ramp, and after stopping for two or three minutes surrounded by their welcoming committee, they taxied to the terminal, with two crash trucks in trail. I never found out the reason for the IFE, but apparently all ended well.

JM_2012_12_29_N310NW_001-XL.jpg

This is one of the crash trucks from the local NC ANG wing.

JM_2012_12_29_N310NW_004-XL.jpg

JM_2012_12_29_N310NW_006-XL.jpg

JM_2012_12_29_N310NW_009-XL.jpg

I actually saw this friday. A civilian version of an H-34 helicopter was lowering something onto the roof of the old Cooper tire factory just off of I 75 a couple miles south of downtown Dayton Oh. It was hovering between 100 and 200 feet when I went by. The factory is close enough to the northbound side of the freeway (the direction I was heading in my work van) that the rotor wash actually caused the van to veer to the left slightly. That's the first time I can remember seeing one of those helicopters in person.

Pretty sure a Kiowa Warrior flew over today. Or is there a civilian version of the oh-58? Idk enough about helos to know. Either way it was definitely different than anything tht usually flies over. Sounds like an airplane.